Guess what kind of Reptile

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
The second one IS a viper, and its a rare species, brown basilisk is correct for the first one, the turtle is from India, and I'll let you work on the lizard for a bit. Let's just say its got a weird name.

NathanKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
Nor*Cal
are you sure brown is correct? i believe, browns tend to have horizontal stripes while common have verticals

red spotted pitviper

indian cane turtle

forest dragon/crested lizard of the gonocephalus family. my guess for species is borneesis or bellii but its hard to see with such a brown animal

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
At first I though the basilisk was a different species too, but Its a brown. Everything is right, so we have a winner!!!

Viridis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
1. Female Basiliscus basiliscus
2. Protobothrops jerdonii xanthomelas
3. Vijayachelys silvatica
4. Gonocephalus cf. bellii - I think? This one's a bit harder when it's a pic of a stressed animal.

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
which forest dragon was it?
Gonocephalus belli.
1. Female Basiliscus basiliscus
2. Protobothrops jerdonii xanthomelas
3. Vijayachelys silvatica
4. Gonocephalus cf. bellii - I think? This one's a bit harder when it's a pic of a stressed animal.
I know #4 is stressed. That's why I picked the image, lol. You guys want any more? You might be getting kind of bored of this so I'll stop if you would like me to.

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
No, I'm pretty sure its a brown. At least that's what the person I got it from said. Could just be a color variant or something from breeding.

Viridis

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2016
No, I'm pretty sure its a brown. At least that's what the person I got it from said. Could just be a color variant or something from breeding.
It's B. basiliscus, not vittatus. B. vittatus tend to have yellow lines when mature (which the female in the pic is) rather than white as in basiliscus. This is obviously not 100%, but it's a start.

I also reverse searched the image just now, and found this ;)

Thyroyalgeek

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2017
Now I know that a friend of mine (online) bragged about having a nicer camera than they had. Next time he's on caudata, he gets to be asked couple questions now, heh heh......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store