14” Clown Loach in UK

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
BTW - considering the size of subocular spines on a whopper loach of that size, that is one brave person holding that fish!

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Was sold to me as a '50 cm' (19.6 in.)fish.. but I measured and got 18 inches... largest ever offered to me was a 55 cm Clown Loach but the fish died before shipping
Lovely clown loach but it doesn't look like an 18 inch, it doesn't even look like a 14 inch fish...I'd need measurements to be convinced. 18 inch is as long as half my leg...

edit: for anyone wondering, I am not a dwarf :p

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
BTW - considering the size of subocular spines on a whopper loach of that size, that is one brave person holding that fish!
Whether it's 12" or 18", it looks like you could lose a finger if it flashed its spines!!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If I hold my hands open in the same manner as in that photo, they measure in total approx. 14" across. And my hands are average in size. Try it.

That, and Vincent is probably one of the few people in the USA that can not only afford a loach of that magnitude, but more importantly has the resources to locate a fish like that. So ya'll shut your mouths, and bow to the king! :)

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
If I hold my hands open in the same manner as in that photo, they measure in total approx. 14" across
I did the same and I measured 11-12, lol :rolleyes:

I appreciate seeing a nice loach like this and I would love for it to be 18 inch, I'll shut my mouth then. I promise.

But even on the picture from above, when the loach is next to the jug, I still can't see an 18 inch loach. It looks like one of mine, and mine haven't passed 10 inch, lol...I know that looking fish from above is very deceiving though...I am just saying and I am with redshark1 on this...ruler :) But please, do not stress the poor loach caching him, just to prove a point to us doubtful souls :)

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I did the same and I measured 11-12, lo
Ok, so you have smaller than normal hands - now add the space between the hands in that photo, the additional 3-4" free air portion. Even with your hands, that = 14-16". I have seen clown loaches that size, in person, so for someone such as Vincent to tell me that he found, and purchased one that is 18" is certainly not overly alarming. You guys should probably spend some time looking at his set ups, and his fish, before embarrassing yourselves further. Seriously .....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store