Leopard ctenopoma adult size and bloodworms

bathawk

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2014
london
I had one grow to about 6 inches within the first year to me it grew very fast in the first 6 months and had girth as well it used to eat meal worms carnivore pellets chopped up raw prawns anything I put in tank it would eat . Did get very aggressive and began to go after my bichirs so sold it. I do have another 2 now in a grow out tank they eat blood worms small meal worms and small earth worms and tiny bits of raw prawn they dont seem to like pelets like my other one did though.

Reactions: BichirMohawk

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
I had one grow to about 6 inches within the first year to me it grew very fast in the first 6 months and had girth as well it used to eat meal worms carnivore pellets chopped up raw prawns anything I put in tank it would eat . Did get very aggressive and began to go after my bichirs so sold it. I do have another 2 now in a grow out tank they eat blood worms small meal worms and small earth worms and tiny bits of raw prawn they dont seem to like pelets like my other one did though.
Thanks for the info, what size was your leopard bush fish and size of your bichirs when the leopard fish began to attack your bichirs?

datnoids81806

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2011
Toronto
The color of the juvenile ones are awesome but do they get darker or even turn into almost black when they get older on their age? I am planning to get a pair of these guys also! Do I need to keep them in soft water? My local water is very hard but I do have a ro unit with me.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The color of the juvenile ones are awesome but do they get darker or even turn into almost black when they get older on their age? I am planning to get a pair of these guys also! Do I need to keep them in soft water? My local water is very hard but I do have a ro unit with me.
Some get darker some don't. Mine still looks great. Goldish base with dark brown and lighter brown spots. I've seen them where all the spots turn into one big blotch and base color black dark green, yucky grey. I don't know why the difference could be diet, water quality, who knows. As for hard or soft water I dont think it matters as long as they are acclimated to it properly.

Reactions: tlindsey

datnoids81806

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2011
Toronto
Some get darker some don't. Mine still looks great. Goldish base with dark brown and lighter brown spots. I've seen them where all the spots turn into one big blotch and base color black dark green, yucky grey. I don't know why the difference could be diet, water quality, who knows. As for hard or soft water I dont think it matters as long as they are acclimated to it properly.
How long did you been having them in your tank and what did you feed to them?

datnoids81806

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2011
Toronto
Oh I do have some high quality pellets that is designed for wild caught fish. Sgoild I offer them some frozen food like mysis, kill or ocean plankton?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store