Never underrestimate small angry JD ladies...

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Casper got his name due to being so ghostly white. 20181118_095716.jpg

And no not mad at them or anything like that. They are only doing what a proper parent should, protect its offspring. Tho it does make gravel vacing twice as long, shooing the attacking fish away while doing it.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Casper got his name due to being so ghostly white. View attachment 1346037

And no not mad at them or anything like that. They are only doing what a proper parent should, protect its offspring. Tho it does make gravel vacing twice as long, shooing the attacking fish away while doing it.
Poor guy, it's the Shoo Dance--not to be confused with the Mexican Hat Dance. Great Photo, good choice of gravel. Handsome guy, better looking than Casper the Ghost, tho I can definitely see the resemblance--perfect name. But maybe not as much a personality match with Casper the Friendly Ghost? But you got good looks anyway, and that's what really matters. Heh heh. ;)

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Poor guy, it's the Shoo Dance--not to be confused with the Mexican Hat Dance. Great Photo, good choice of gravel. Handsome guy, better looking than Casper the Ghost, tho I can definitely see the resemblance--perfect name. But maybe not as much a personality match with Casper the Friendly Ghost? But you got good looks anyway, and that's what really matters. Heh heh. ;)
(Dutch Wooden Shoe Dance--ouch my feet hurt thinking about it.)

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Yes he was mostly named for his looks. Tho he has always been friendly to me. Greetings me at the front glass when ever I was close to the tank. He would follow my hands around when cleaning. Now that he has babies tho all bets are off.

Reactions: Fishflyer

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Use a close-knit, size appropriate plastic basket as a shield to ward them off Shark Hunter. Might even be able to corner and trap one under a basket and put a rock on the basket to hold and have another basket ready. The fish might just see the basket as a bigger intimidating fish. (" I am staying away from that lunatic fish. Look at the way he moves. That's not normal!" Gloves might work too.

Reactions: Jexnell

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes he was mostly named for his looks. Tho he has always been friendly to me. Greetings me at the front glass when ever I was close to the tank. He would follow my hands around when cleaning. Now that he has babies tho all bets are off.
Yes that's the way my Electric yellow Lab is. Plays gentle tag with my finger. Wonder if he remembers I took away from battering tank mate. A member here said a scientific study( 5 year ) said cichlids had memories at least that long.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Mine is named Phoenix. They are also called canary yellow labs and I have Canaries (birds) Maybe I will change his name to Tweety Birds. Yah that's it!! :) Nah stick to Phoenix. They are also called Yellow Prince Labs. They kind of have a crown like upper fin. I'll add Prince to his name. Prince Phoenix, cool. Probably respond to either name, or neither. Hey Prince! (Whistle.)

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Very nice you have babies. You must a pleased and proud Daddy. Congratulations. I hope your Pleco is doing better.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Very nice you have babies. You must a pleased and proud Daddy. Congratulations. I hope your Pleco is doing better.
Actually at the moment I have a mess of babies/prego moms. My Devil's have a group of swimmers. My Honduran Red Points have a batch of wigglers. I have three prego Swordtails and a Platty that keep poping out fry left and right. I must be doing something right......lol

Reactions: Fishflyer

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Actually at the moment I have a mess of babies/prego moms. My Devil's have a group of swimmers. My Honduran Red Points have a batch of wigglers. I have three prego Swordtails and a Platty that keep poping out fry left and right. I must be doing something right......lol
That's right Big Daddy. Prego-- ha, ha, ha. Bet you don't call any pregnant ladies that. Oh, ah that's Italian for you're welcome...yah. Platies are pretty fertile and fun. I have a red wag that is pregnant, like a boat.
I located another ( just one) Electric yellow lab. I asked about fish injury at the fish store. She said Melaflex and Slime Coat. She had never heard of garlic and aloe for fish, but they tend to stick to conventional stuff mostly. Garlic helps with bacterial in humans and aloe to help with shin healing. I will have to look into for fish. Might have applications there. Well, I am going to the fish store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store