Endlis in the sump

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Yup about that size, shmp is really nice, kinda loud but you can put hella media.

Nah, they from my lfs. You know how you go to the lfs trying to buy something and endup getting other thing, well thats what happened to me:duh:
Nice endlis kurt. Where the noise coming from ?

Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
If its within the pips then adding a gate will quiet that down also making sure the top of the drain is submerged with keep air from flowing into it. Then you adjust the flow with the gate valve. If its in the sump lower that portion of pipe a couple of inches below the water level.

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
If its within the pips then adding a gate will quiet that down also making sure the top of the drain is submerged with keep air from flowing into it. Then you adjust the flow with the gate valve. If its in the sump lower that portion of pipe a couple of inches below the water level.
How do I add a gate? I am having this issue with my pipes :/

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
How do I add a gate? I am having this issue with my pipes :/
How many stand pipes do you have in your overflow ? How is the plumbing/overflow set up now

Reactions: Polyaddict86

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I cant tell but the overflow is internal right ? Not a hang on the back

So the way the gate valve or silences the noise is by restricting the flow to a degree and removing air. Once air is removed flow then increases. The stand pipe would have to be cut and lowered so that its submerged. The end of the pipe (sump area) also needs to be submerged. The gate can be anywhere under the tank.

Before you try this another option would be to tinker with that stand pipe (in the overflow) google hoffer gurgle buster i think thats what its called. I dont remember the specifics but i did use one yrs ago and it worked just took some patience and tinkering. If it works for you this might be the easier option.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store