We meet again...suvatti

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I must say these lights make viewing fantastic and my phone doesn't do them justice. I think I'm going to switch to these with a ramp timer instead of using 24/7s in my fish tanks and vivariums

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Some cheapo aquaneat marine full spec for $18. I've been impressed by the vivagrow and aquaneat lights.

Reactions: DMD123

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Suvatti like palembangs and congos really benefit from having over hang caves and cover to hide under...

So if you get a chance, maybe create some driftwood caves and add some anubias for extra shade, then he / she may feel more comfortable to eat...

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Suvatti like palembangs and congos really benefit from having over hang caves and cover to hide under...

So if you get a chance, maybe create some driftwood caves and add some anubias for extra shade, then he / she may feel more comfortable to eat...
There's a good bit of driftwood to hide under, but I'll try to create a cave. Once the frogbit multiples it should help. I'm working on getting some fern.

Admittedly I wasnt fully prepared when I ordered it.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
There's a good bit of driftwood to hide under, but I'll try to create a cave. Once the frogbit multiples it should help. I'm working on getting some fern.

Admittedly I wasnt fully prepared when I ordered it.
All good, maybe i didnt see it in later photos...

But in my past experience, my old palembangs and congo all loved hanging out in and around cave like dwellings over burying themselves...

Maybe i had weird puffers in that regard but that was my experience at least :)

Reactions: NYfisherkeeper

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
All good, maybe i didnt see it in later photos...

But in my past experience, my old palembangs and congo all loved hanging out in and around cave like dwellings over burying themselves...

Maybe i had weird puffers in that regard but that was my experience at least :)
I totally agree with the palems and suvatti. Their behavior is a lot more normal with cover. My old suvatti was very outgoing this one acts like my old palem.

Congo wise. The 2 I've had could care less as long as they have rocks to mimic. Very outgoing puffer imo.

Here's the suvatti setup and the Congo. I up for any critiques/suggestions. Sorry for the glass on the Congo setup that little thing doesn't play around.

1029182249_Film1.jpg 1029182245_Film1.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
The only thing i would maybe do is add more wood and a few large leaf plants??? Otherwise looks like quite a comfortable dwelling for puffers...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store