** Poly Bite (warning graphic images) **

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
If anyone has a Sen that they think might get eaten you can always give it to me:drool: I’ve been looking but the only lfs in my area has 3in sens for $60$ and it calls them super rare ancient armored fish:screwy::eek3::eek3::angryfire:angryfire
Take a look at wetspots stock list they have most of the upper jaws and shipping for small fish is usually reasonable

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Josh's Fish

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2014
United Kingdom
www.thebichirhandbook.com
Damn, cant really trust a cb endli.
To top it off, I've got a Retropinnis, Teugelsi, Delhezi and 2 Senegals which I haven't seen in a while. I normally have Polys go missing and appear months later, huge; but I have a feeling these ones have been eaten by one of my 17 inch cb Endlis. Hopefully they are still in there, as I've never had my Polys eat eachother before, but I'm doubtful.

Josh's Fish

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2014
United Kingdom
www.thebichirhandbook.com

This send looks to be a handful. I couldn't say all sens are aggressive though
This one is also an old video of mine I almost deleted. Unfortunately in the UK, Senegals like this are all too common, we almost never see wild Senegals and not often quality cb Senegals, just really inbred ones.

The aggression was just because it was horny, there was constant failed cupping for the last weeks before I sold him, that the area around his anal fin became swollen from lack of relief. (Bichir equivalent of blue-balling really). The fact it was so inbred may of been a factor into aggression or even why it couldn't release any sperm. To top that off, it has a growth under its eye which looks like pop-eye; I know that'd piss me off too.

It was stressing out all the fish, even the African Arowana at this point. The Ornate would scrap back and it kind of looked like a normal pecking order dispute.

For more info on what those are, have a watch of this video :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Sen beating up an ornate go figure lol

Totally agree with the alpha/dominance apect. I always have a tank boss. If it gets sold off a new one steps right in. My endli stepped up after i sold the sp.dabola and shes been by far the best boss

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
To top it off, I've got a Retropinnis, Teugelsi, Delhezi and 2 Senegals which I haven't seen in a while. I normally have Polys go missing and appear months later, huge; but I have a feeling these ones have been eaten by one of my 17 inch cb Endlis. Hopefully they are still in there, as I've never had my Polys eat eachother before, but I'm doubtful.
I dont dought that the cb endli ate it, i have a 4” cb endli ate a 1” IT datnoid.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store