What's your favorite fish?

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
I am a simple man with simple taste, all time favorite fish are Oscar's and Convicts.

ATM my favorite fish is my A. Saggitae Casper View attachment 1361340
Can't go wrong with Convicts. Atm I'm growing out a 6x group of pink convicts. Looking like I'm male heavy though 5-1 and you know how cons are. All the boys were fighting over the poor girl. She couldn't decide who she wanted. So I took her out and I'm holding her in a spare 10 gallon. I'm thinking I'll probably just let this one go and and grow out out this group of potential Monster males. I have seen a few videos on youtube of convicts with sizeable nuchal humps and my group is proving to have that potential. 2 out of the group of 2-21/2 inch males already have little knots on their heads (kinda of how Casper's is now). I'm hoping by the time those two are adult's they will get mistaken for young midas. Sorry for rambling I need to go to sleep.

Reactions: Jexnell

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
My favourite fish was and still kind of is the ebjd, I own one currently and he’s just lacking a little in personality. Even a year later he is still flighty with quick movements outside his tank. Regardless he will have a happy long life with me :)

Another favourite fish is the vieja synspilum, though I have not owned one yet. Maybe in the near future.

Out of all my currently owned fish, my angelsfish are my favourite. They have good personality and are not shy, very active group I have.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
African knives, but they've been giving me issues lately.

coolcomfort

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2018
USA
I find massive RTC's to be my favorite. I still don't know who owns the biggest RTC, but it would be a personal goal to have a couple over 5 feet. The fishermen record is 4.62ft at 123lbs. But an aquarium in Amsterdam has a 5.25 feet red tail catfish. Now that is impressive. They were also born in 1972, which well exceeds the record of 15-20 year life expectancy for Red Tails. Not sure if it is still alive.

I am also interested, does anyone know the biggest platinum red tail catfish? I have never seen one at 3 or 4 feet. Would be quite remarkable.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Coldwater? The European perch. I'm in the UK and it is easy to get hold of round here. I aim to have a perch tank one day.

Tropical? I'm torn between flagtails and clown loach though I think the clowns might just nick it due to their quirkiness.

Marine? Groupers. I just love these huge beasts.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't just have one favorite... Dinosaur Eels, Horseman Cats, Gold Pristella Tetras, Longfin cherry Barbs and Albino version, Yo-yo and Zebra loaches, they look good and are busy cleaners and have lots of friendly, puppy dog personality.

Juan Aguilar

Feeder Fish
Feb 13, 2019
Carson City Nv
I love oscars and red terrors. Umbees were always a fish I thought were awesome, but haven’t had the opportunity to keep. I am getting my first umbees with week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store