3 AC110s for a 125 gal?

Addicted to Cichlids

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
I'v been running once Fx6 for about a year, but the ****er is leaking from the output valves, I recently got one Ac110 and am loving it, could three work?

The tank has 2 juvenile Festae 7 silver dollars, and a pleco

Thanks guys!

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'v been running once Fx6 for about a year, but the ****er is leaking from the output valves, I recently got one Ac110 and am loving it, could three work?

The tank has 2 juvenile Festae 7 silver dollars, and a pleco

Thanks guys!

With the proper wc's it should but be aware that parameters must be checked regularly due to the growth of the fish. Bioload will change as fish grow also means more waste so the % of water changed may have to increase to keep parameters stable.

Addicted to Cichlids

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
With the proper wc's it should but be aware that parameters must be checked regularly due to the growth of the fish. Bioload will change as fish grow also means more waste so the % of water changed may have to increase to keep parameters stable.
Thanks!
I ended up cranking back the outflow valve a bit and the leak stopped, i definitely done with the brand now. Probably add another Ac110 or two and research another brand of cannaster.

punman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2016
I am running two AClear 110s and a Korilia 1150 Pump on my 135 gallon, but a third filter would not hurt. Depends upon number and size of fish, water changes, and waste produced as well.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I ended up cranking back the outflow valve a bit and the leak stopped, i definitely done with the brand now. Probably add another Ac110 or two and research another brand of cannaster.
Just wondering why you said you are done with the brand after you were able to solve the issue with the filter?

Addicted to Cichlids

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2016
Just wondering why you said you are done with the brand after you were able to solve the issue with the filter?
Casue it wont run a full flow, and might leak later, for a $350 filter i was expecting more than a year of run before i had to replace parts. The Cannister is also a massive pain in the ass to maintenance.

After my last post I actually tried to pull the valve apart to lube the O ring, ended up tearing it, so im only running an Ac110 and a sponge filter now. Got replacement valves coming from amazon, if i cant get it working after this im trashing it.

Reactions: jaws7777

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Casue it wont run a full flow, and might leak later, for a $350 filter i was expecting more than a year of run before i had to replace parts. The Cannister is also a massive pain in the ass to maintenance.

After my last post I actually tried to pull the valve apart to lube the O ring, ended up tearing it, so im only running an Ac110 and a sponge filter now. Got replacement valves coming from amazon, if i cant get it working after this im trashing it.
Try the cascade mines been running for over a year no issues and its a nice simple filter

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ummmmm if you are serious about trashing it I would gladly take it off your hands.

Reactions: Castlk

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

Ac's are great filters i think you'll be fine with 3. Like tlindsey suggest just test your water as the fish grow. If you want to add to the bio and increase mechanical filtration order some 30ppi poret foam from swiss tropical and cut it to fit. Its much better than the foam blocks that come with the filters.

I hated my fx6 too btw

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store