Parental myths

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
We got the belt, spoon, hair brush, or open hand smack to the rear if we disobeyed.
Getting grounded in our house would have been like a reward. We got smacked.
I’m pretty sure my dad wanted to flat out punch me once. It was the first and only time I yelled back at him. I was getting screamed at for a mess my brother made, but my dad loved his sons more then us girls, so naturally I was getting yelled at and punished. I snapped. My mom sent me off and had to talk him down.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
We got the belt, spoon, hair brush, or open hand smack to the rear if we disobeyed.
Getting grounded in our house would have been like a reward. We got smacked.
I’m pretty sure my dad wanted to flat out punch me once. It was the first and only time I yelled back at him. I was getting screamed at for a mess my brother made, but my dad loved his sons more then us girls, so naturally I was getting yelled at and punished. I snapped. My mom sent me off and had to talk him down.
Lol, finally someone else with creative parents!!! Yep I caught a few brushes, hangers, shoes, whatever was handy. But really rarely caught the belt.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Lol, finally someone else with creative parents!!! Yep I caught a few brushes, hangers, shoes, whatever was handy. But really rarely caught the belt.
I can’t say I’ve heard of hangers being used before. My mom had bad hands so it was whatever she had closer. And then if she broke it while spanking you than you’d get yelled at even more.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
When we went to Aus last we were eating lunch somewhere, there was a kid that was acting up...

Mum: Sit down, be quiet.
Kid: Yelling and jumping around
Mum: STOP THAT!
Kid: More yelling and jumping around
Mum:SLAP
Kid: Sits quietly

Wife and I sat quietly snickering about that for at least half an hour. :) Don't see that any here since the anti-smacking laws made smacking and definitely use of any object abuse.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I can’t say I’ve heard of hangers being used before. My mom had bad hands so it was whatever she had closer. And then if she broke it while spanking you than you’d get yelled at even more.
My mom was a weapon user. She loved her manicures so no way she would risk messing her nails up. Anything was fair game, pans, telephone, broom, even our own toys lol. Whatever object the women could grab became a deadly weapon

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
My mom was a weapon user. She loved her manicures so no way she would risk messing her nails up. Anything was fair game, pans, telephone, broom, even our own toys lol. Whatever object the women could grab became a deadly weapon
My mum was very similar and would flog me with whatever she could get hold of, except if I wasn't close enough to actually hit she'd throw something at me. I copped many cigarette lighters and coffee cups to the hands (would have been the head but I covered with my hands) wow does that lady have some wicked aim!
I remember once when I was about 12 we had a cordless home phone with a large heavy receiver. Mum was talking to someone she didn't want to be talking to and I was pestering her for bus money to go out with my friends. Without warning she hung up the phone and threw the receiver at my head and I didn't get my hands up in time... Shouldn't have been pestering her, I still have a bump in my nose from it.. :duh:

She also had some pretty creative names for us when we were playing up, although I can't share them here as they're a little explicit. :grinyes:

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Did any of you guys moms ever hold you and apologize after? My mom did that I think nearly every time. I thought it was a mind game sometimes. Lol

But you know what was way worse then getting hit?

Long lectures. Getting yelled at for hours. I would have gladly excepted getting a quick smack over getting beaten down mentally.

But don’t get me wrong, I love my mom. I’m very close to her now. It was just growing up was pretty far from ideal. I know she had a lot she was dealing with too.

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Did any of you guys moms ever hold you and apologize after? My mom did that I think nearly every time. I thought it was a mind game sometimes. Lol

Long lectures. Getting yelled at for hours. I would have gladly excepted getting a quick smack over getting beaten down mentally.

But don’t get me wrong, I love my mom. I’m very close to her now. It was just growing up was pretty far from ideal. I know she had a lot she was dealing with too.
My mum did on the odd occasion, not too often but every now and then. Yes, definitely mind games hahaha

Dad was the lecturer. I remember as a teenager I snuck out to go to a party. Climbed back through my window at about 3am to find dad sitting on my bed.. I didn't get to sleep until almost 7am that morning because dad wanted to lecture me while I was drunk, woke up with a hangover to another five hour lecture about alcohol and the dangers of sneaking out the whole kit and caboodle..

I know what you mean, my mum and I didn't get along when I was growing up. We were constantly at each others throat almost in fist fights every day, but now she's my best friend and I'd be lost without her. I appreciated everything she done for me and I hope I can someday repay her for it all. :)

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Grandparents told us kids that swimming within 30 mins after eating would give you polio. Im assuming so we wouldnt cramp/side ache while swimming and drown.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

Its funny because what stands out to me the most was one time i was expecting a good smack down when my old man got home from work only to have him sit across from me and do nothing but stare at me. It felt like 12 hrs....pure torture... cmon man get it over with already

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store