240 vieja tank progression

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Very nice tank and fish, will that bee enough tank space for them as they grow into adults?

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
I believe today marks a month. They're all doing really well and not too much aggression besides the larger midas going after the smaller midas during feeding, and he also gives the heterospilus some special attention once in a while.

But I wanted to share a photo of the syns; finally getting some more color:

Here's a group shot with a syn, het and bifas. Bifa's are definitely the lookers of the group so far:

NW Cichlid Keith

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2016
Atlanta, Georgia
Looking good - I use pool filter sand with an Eheim canister and no problems. The issue is to make sure you don’t accidentally get any of that sand between the acrylic and whatever you are cleaning the algae off with. I have a few unsightly scratches because of that. Nice looking tank - who did you get to make it, and is that 1/2” acrylic? If so, do you se any bi int at all? I regret getting my 300 tall - wish I had done a 240 or 300 wide. It is a pain to clean and weighs a ton as had to be 3/4” due to the height. The benefits would be the allowance for greater water change percent and volume - but that’s about it.

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Looking good - I use pool filter sand with an Eheim canister and no problems. The issue is to make sure you don’t accidentally get any of that sand between the acrylic and whatever you are cleaning the algae off with. I have a few unsightly scratches because of that. Nice looking tank - who did you get to make it, and is that 1/2” acrylic? If so, do you se any bi int at all? I regret getting my 300 tall - wish I had done a 240 or 300 wide. It is a pain to clean and weighs a ton as had to be 3/4” due to the height. The benefits would be the allowance for greater water change percent and volume - but that’s about it.
It's a clear for life tank. I purchased it used but in excellent shape since it was 2-3 years old from original owner.

Half inch and doesn't bow at all. I'm happy with the tank.

Had one blunder where I was too quick to setup and it was not leveled, and I swear I noticed hairline crazing spreading daily. Eventually emptied, leveled and enjoying the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store