Housing asian with silver arowana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
It's very likely that the asian arowana will be the winner in the fight. At that size, asian aros are much more built than the silver. There's a very high chance that it won't work out. But good luck if you decide to give it a shot.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Currently i have a large 17-19” calm natured silver arowana with 3 rays in a 300G(he never attacked smaller arowanas in the same tank in the past)

But now i have a once in a lifetime chance to obtain a very nice bigger 20” chili red Asian arowana (Albiet much more expensive!) who’s been by himself in a 220 with some flagtails, my concern is how the 2 big guys will fair up against eachother , now i know it’s a hit or miss but i like to hear fellow arowana keeper’s opinions before i even think about trying anything, as i do NOT have a back up tank incase things go wrong.
You gotta watch everything you say on here lately bro. Smh

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
First of all you've clearly been exposed and live in Illinois or at least near. And it's clear as day that you're trying to purchase an illegal Arowana. Not very clever, but your "git gud" bullshit already shows that.

Towards the topic. It's always 50/50. It can work, yes, but in a lot of cases it won't. Really depends on the Asian Arowana and his temperament. If he's an as*hole, he's gonna dominate any other fish - even the Silver if he's bigger. If he's a killer, he'll kill any other fish in your tank. If he's chill... well, he's chill.

I have seen it work and I have seen it go wrong. IF you really have to purchase that illegal fish (it looks like you don't give a sh*t anyway), then I'd advise you to give the Silver Aro away beforehand - firstly to avoid any issues and secondly because a 300g tank isn't enough for him/her anyway.

Reactions: bobblehead27

Regeneration

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2015
Vietnam
First of all you've clearly been exposed and live in Illinois or at least near. And it's clear as day that you're trying to purchase an illegal Arowana. Not very clever, but your "git gud" bullshit already shows that.

Towards the topic. It's always 50/50. It can work, yes, but in a lot of cases it won't. Really depends on the Asian Arowana and his temperament. If he's an as*hole, he's gonna dominate any other fish - even the Silver if he's bigger. If he's a killer, he'll kill any other fish in your tank. If he's chill... well, he's chill.

I have seen it work and I have seen it go wrong. IF you really have to purchase that illegal fish (it looks like you don't give a sh*t anyway), then I'd advise you to give the Silver Aro away beforehand - firstly to avoid any issues and secondly because a 300g tank isn't enough for him/her anyway.
this 300 wider footprint is well enough for the aro, tell that to the people with 55s , gitgudm8, anyway after reconsideration i will be getting this nice aro, too good of a fish to pass and if they have any trouble the seller agreed to take him back anytime, gitgud

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
this 300 wider footprint is well enough for the aro
For an Asian. Yes. For a Silver? No. They get as big as 4' and I highly doubt you've even got the width of 4'. And if you do, then you're clearly lacking the length and/or height, which isn't any better either.

tell that to the people with 55s
No, I'm talking to you, kid. This topic isn't about others, it's about you and your (clearly) stupid choices.

gitgudm8, gitgud
Yeah, well, this clerly shows your age/mental age.

Not trying to be a jerk, but somehow I kinda hope you get caught red-handed with your new Asian Aro and get a fat fine. Maybe that'll teach you.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Another wanna be inspector gadget. Smh and some of us wonder why the OG's dont post anymore.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Not trying to be a jerk, but somehow I kinda hope you get caught red-handed with your new Asian Aro and get a fat fine. Maybe that'll teach you.
Lmao your not trying to be a jerk but you sound like an ass.

Guy says hes in Vietnam why not leave it be. Maybe he moved from Illinois and forgot to update his avatar

• Haha
Reactions: Polyaddict86

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
Another wanna be inspector gadget. Smh and some of us wonder why the OG's dont post anymore.
Hell yeah, lets support the kids with their stupid decisions! Lets not tell them that it's not good/legal what they're doing! Fu*k it! Right?

You gotta be pretty ignorant to not give a sh*t. And it's got nothing at all to do with the "OG's" not posting anymore.

Reactions: RD.

Leo Messi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
Switzerland
Guy says hes in Vietnam why not leave it be. Maybe he moved from Illinois and forgot to update his avatar
Yeah right. Thats why he said he doesn't even know what/where Illinois is. Implying he's never even seen it. Come on, you're smarter than that, aren't you?
"don’t even know what illinois is"
While talking in a language young American kids talk. "git gud" and stuff like that. Something a kid from Vietnam would never even think about saying. Literally.

5 days ago he was looking to buy a Silver Aro in 63031 (Missouri), and actually just pumped it not even an hour ago. Yeah, right... he's probably having his uncle ship him the fish from Missouri to Vietnam, right?

Reactions: RD.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store