Follow the rules, or you risk losing the Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish fry

Jack Dempsey
Mar 15, 2017
I was planning to have a fish meet @my store in Cali. I think that would get everyone more active on Mfk if they get to meet each other. I’m planning to have a couple hundred people and will be a 2 day event. If the admins are ok with that I can set a date and we can do something in affiliation to Mfk. Attendees are allowed to bring their fish to the meet and trade with others. Since it’s been a while since the last Mfk meet. I feel it could be good for the site and the hobby.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I was planning to have a fish meet @my store in Cali. I think that would get everyone more active on Mfk if they get to meet each other. I’m planning to have a couple hundred people and will be a 2 day event. If the admins are ok with that I can set a date and we can do something in affiliation to Mfk. Attendees are allowed to bring their fish to the meet and trade with others. Since it’s been a while since the last Mfk meet. I feel it could be good for the site and the hobby.
That sounds like it would be a blast.

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
I wasn't bothered by the original post. Initially a little puzzled by the thread title, but I had no issue reading the actual post. I've been a mod and admin on other fish forums-- sometimes a general announcement is the best way to put multiple offenders on notice and sometimes a blunt tone makes it clear to offenders they're reaching the limits of tolerance and is appreciated by others aware of the issue or bad behavior. Handling it that way isn't unique to this site and I've seen it straighten things up quick in some cases. Occasionally, someone not aware of or affected by the issue doesn't understand or takes it personally. A little diplomacy is usually enough in such cases, if the person is essentially reasonable at heart.

...A LOT of forums aren't what they used to be. Just a fact of life with evolving technology and social media. Some formerly good ones are gone altogether; it's nice MFK is around and active as it is

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The person that got offended is what's wrong with our country today. Say things how you see fit, I personally didn't get offended.
There's a lot more that's wrong with this country than that.That aint even frost coming off the tip of an iceberg but that is to be discussed elsewhere...and yeah it's okay to say things as you see fit as long as you can take it when such is said to you.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
The person that got offended is a good dude and someone I’ve interacted with in person and seen enough in the forums. If he’s upset by it that’s his right.

As for this forum....I miss the good ol days too. Things really fell off around 2016 or so. Nowadays, I come on for the classifieds only. Even then, I started giving my fish away instead of selling. Just easier.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I dont think kahuna is being sensitive, hes spoke his mind.

Reactions: mrrobxc
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store