Black diamond bleeding spots help

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Ok will keep an eye on it.
What you have to dot atm is to keep her eating and keep the water pristine. Make sure no other fish can stress her out. And then time will tell if she makes it or not. I really hopes she does make it. Ive lost some rays before and it sucks no matter if its an bd or an motoro.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Yes that is what I am doing any other tips rn Im going to be feeding heavy 3-5 times a day with lots of wc she is acting way better and has more weight on her than what she did a few days ago thats why i said its looking good or shouldve said better.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Yes that is what I am doing any other tips rn Im going to be feeding heavy 3-5 times a day with lots of wc she is acting way better and has more weight on her than what she did a few days ago thats why i said its looking good or shouldve said better.
Keep feeding her 3-5 times a day. Not any heavy feeding. Its better to feed small amounts of food more times then feed heavy once a day. You can dim the tank a bit and if you have the possibility to seperate the other fishes from this tank then do that. If not perhaps put in an divider in the tank so no other fish can stress or disturb her. An major sunken head is nothing to joke around with. Its gone way to far when that happens.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Keep feeding her 3-5 times a day. Not any heavy feeding. Its better to feed small amounts of food more times then feed heavy once a day. You can dim the tank a bit and if you have the possibility to seperate the other fishes from this tank then do that. If not perhaps put in an divider in the tank so no other fish can stress or disturb her. An major sunken head is nothing to joke around with. Its gone way to far when that happens.
I cant seperate her I did rehome alot of fish that possibly couldve stressed her out and caused this whole mess the other rays leave her alone and dont mess with her as Ive been watching her the whole time. Thx for the help will keep daily updates.

Reactions: cigars

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
She was quarantined before I got her she is doing much better now and has been eating a ton of mysis shrimp Ill send a pic right after I ffed her again
I hear you most vendors and people that sell rays say they quarantine them not that I don’t trust anyone or don’t believe that it was done but I still quarantine all new rays sometimes symptoms don’t show themselves right away or sometimes shipping can be very stressful for the animal and trigger illness. So I make it a point to always quarantine my new rays I use a fairly small tank 40g breeder with a diy sump plenty of media and if medication is needed it’s a small system so doses stay small.

The fact that the rays is eating is a good sign, Tobiassorensen Tobiassorensen has given solid advice. AnthonyFish20 AnthonyFish20 It looks like your doing all the right things keep it up.

Reactions: Matteus

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
I hear you most vendors and people that sell rays say they quarantine them not that I don’t trust anyone or don’t believe that it was done but I still quarantine all new rays sometimes symptoms don’t show themselves right away or sometimes shipping can be very stressful for the animal and trigger illness. So I make it a point to always quarantine my new rays I use a fairly small tank 40g breeder with a diy sump plenty of media and if medication is needed it’s a small system so doses stay small.

The fact that the rays is eating is a good sign, Tobiassorensen Tobiassorensen has given solid advice. AnthonyFish20 AnthonyFish20 It looks like your doing all the right things keep it up.
Thank you im upset she is only eating mysis shrimp might just feed live black worms necause the shrimp is so messy I had to do a big cleaning today because of it.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
That is a very stressed ray. Sunken forehead and running spots = stress.
Youi are doing the right things. Keep water pristine and offer lots of food. Good news that it is eating, keep it up and good luck.

Reactions: Matteus and cigars
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store