Zebrina crenicichla 5 inch

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Never have I ever seen one that small, where did you get one? I will gladly be watching along to see the progress of this little one.

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
It was extremely random I asked this fish vendor on Instagram if they had any zebrina even tho they didn't post any and so happen to have this one little guy lol.
elsurati imports is where I got it from

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
It was extremely random I asked this fish vendor on Instagram if they had any zebrina even tho they didn't post any and so happen to have this one little guy lol.
elsurati imports is where I got it from
Nice pick up. I remember when he got that guy as a contaminant. Excited to watch you grow it out.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
What eel is in the background?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ahh, it's always nice to see a Gymnothorax polyuranodon. Sorry but I'm gonna derail this thread slightly and ask you how your experience with him has been?

Reactions: Nove Sedici

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Ahh, it's always nice to see a Gymnothorax polyuranodon. Sorry but I'm gonna derail this thread slightly and ask you how your experience with him has been?
I'm going to further derail it by going on a rant about why everyone should own one.

They're friggin awesome. They're genuine freshwater moray eels, so unlike all of the faux eels you get in freshwater, this one actually exhibits true eel behaviors. Both of mine come out at night to eat pellets, and it's amazing how snake like they move. They're also very particular about how they eat, as they'll move from their normal hiding spot to a new one that's closer to the food, so they can eat, rather than just going towards the food. Both of them typically stick their heads out of the hiding spots and watch what's going on in the tank, which is really interesting to watch. And when they do finally come out of hiding, they don't ever sit still. They're either hidden or they're moving. Having a 2+ foot eel fly around your tank is quite the spectacle. And finally, they're completely peaceful. I've not had them once try to eat, or attack a fish, and they've never even shown anything close to aggression towards a tankmate. It's the perfect predatory/monster fish; it looks mean but behaves like a dream.

Sorry if this seamed scattered, but thoughts just kept coming to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store