European Perch

craig_uk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hull, UK
Afraid not, perch grow to just over a foot, and require a shoal when young, and a large territory when about 6".

Will need at least a 55 Gal when fully grown (but atleast you could release the runts of the litter into a fishing pond when your prize fish is fully grown)

*...prepares to recieve verbal assault for suggesting the release of fish into wild*

(i can justify... Releasing a tank bred fish into a stocked lake... AND ONLY STOCKED LAKES (aka bakers pond, brick pond, pickering park... etc (my local ponds)) will do no damage what so ever to the eco system, as their private ponds, and are pretty far from natural enviroments. releasing a dozen fully grown perch into a natural pond will result in a natural massacre.)

*Still braces self for verbal basing*

Craggy

malfunkshun

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Gränna
Perch will eat anything that fits in their mouths. Worms, crickets and other insects, small fishes, bloodworms...you name it. If they don't eat it at first, then cut it in half and try again. Half a bug is way more tasty than a whole one I've noticed. ;)

gigas12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2008
Boston,Ma.
Hi,I have kept them in the past,they are very aggressive and eat almost all live and non live foods,they need well oxegenated water!

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
TIGERFISH24K;2030837; said:
I have kept perch and pike both in the same aquarium a few years ago in a 6 foot tank, both stunning fish to keep, perch have very nice colours and are extremely aggressive and will swallow anything they can, and the same goes for pike, my largest perch was about 13 to 14 inches and pike grew to over two feet in no time, and i just released them back into the river where i live, i would recomend keeping both these species if you are into predatory fish.
NEVER release a fish into the wild after it has been in an aquarium. Not only is it HIGHLY irresponsible, it is ILLEGAL in many cases! I can't believe how many times I have seen this suggestion on this forum!

ReApEr666

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2018
Does anyone know how i can get European perch to stock my pond in Wisconsin
yeaaah... u dont lol... there is actually 1 lake in ur state that has a small population of zander ;) . only population of them in the u.s. left over from a project in the 80's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store