fish for kids?

jyabs7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2019
Getting some algae growth around the tank, so far it easily wiped off with a scrubber...ideas for something to eat it instead? Or is that a waste of time and just stick to scrubbing?

Oh, and I'm getting some sort of growth or debris on the plants. I thought they were dying, but upon closer look, it's a brown coating on the leaves that looks like itll whipe off.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Getting some algae growth around the tank, so far it easily wiped off with a scrubber...ideas for something to eat it instead? Or is that a waste of time and just stick to scrubbing?

Oh, and I'm getting some sort of growth or debris on the plants. I thought they were dying, but upon closer look, it's a brown coating on the leaves that looks like itll whipe off.
Nerite snails tend to be pretty good with algae in my experience, though I'm not sure there are too many options for algae control outside of them.

Reactions: jyabs7

jyabs7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2019
Nerite snails tend to be pretty good with algae in my experience, though I'm not sure there are too many options for algae control outside of them.
Perfect, i'll give it a shot. I did some more reading on them and they seem like a good fit. I placed an order for some from aquaticarts. Hopefully they arrive hungry!

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Perfect, i'll give it a shot. I did some more reading on them and they seem like a good fit. I placed an order for some from aquaticarts. Hopefully they arrive hungry!
I think you'll learn soon enough that there's no such thing as a full fish...

Reactions: jyabs7

Zcddrew

Candiru
MFK Member
May 26, 2013
Canada
I have a ten gallon tank with a mystery snail, a betta, and two corydoras. Both my kids love it and I like it too. Very fun to watch especially the snail, he is a hit.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
How's everything coming along? How well is it cycled so far?

LifeT

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
My first tank was around 35 litres & housed 2 german blue rams & 5 neon tetra , for a small tank it had lot going on , water changes have to be kept up with as I was told GBR are sensitive.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
While they aren't the prettiest, you can go with mosquitofish in a 10 gallon
They school pretty nicely and they're extremely hardy, their breeding behavior and displays are also fun to watch
Does not need a heater
Either mosquitofish, or white clouds for the same reasoning, though they are prettier
But I wouldn't get any fish till you get something bigger than a 5 just for maintenance sake
Mosquitofish would be more forgiving in regards to messing up a water change though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store