Don’t go in the tall grass....

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
I once dropped one in to an arowana with a very high feeding response. He smashed it as soon as it but the water as expected, but he immediately spit it out and didn't trust anything I put in the tank for almost a week after.
Wow, guess I won't be trying that anytime soon; getting these guys to trust you and then keeping that trust isn't always easy, they're quite sensitive characters ime.

A couple of years ago there was a story going around about a lady saying her kid was nearly blinded by sleeping on one these millipedes:

dsdd.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Wait.....what??
They really can get that big down there? Up here they seem to top out at 1”.
Oh yes lol. And multiple species of spider as large as your hand, we have solifugids (camel spiders), vinegaroons, and even trees called a manchineel- a tree so toxic that rain drops that fall through it's leaves will themselves become so toxic that if they fall on you, your skin will form huge blisters before peeling off. The tree's poison can blind. If you eat any of it, you will die.

Why anyone wants to love here is completely beyond me to be honest ???

Wow, guess I won't be trying that anytime soon; getting these guys to trust you and then keeping that trust isn't always easy, they're quite sensitive characters ime.

A couple of years ago there was a story going around about a lady saying her kid was nearly blinded by sleeping on one these millipedes:

View attachment 1396009
Yeah the trust is a big deal. I felt bad after I did that.

That's nuts that it almost blinded that kid!

This water scorpion always freaks me outView attachment 1396010
Honestly? That seems entirely reasonable ?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Australians laugh at the stuff you have, it is nothing compared to what they have lol.

I took some pictures of the trees changing colors near my college.
61E4F0D0-797D-4058-9223-61A0ACB23EFB.jpeg
69DB9FE6-4590-4FD3-A49C-AD7CB413F600.jpeg

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Oh yes lol. And multiple species of spider as large as your hand, we have solifugids (camel spiders), vinegaroons, and even trees called a manchineel- a tree so toxic that rain drops that fall through it's leaves will themselves become so toxic that if they fall on you, your skin will form huge blisters before peeling off. The tree's poison can blind. If you eat any of it, you will die.

Wow, I didn’t know Florida had such large creepy crawlies. Lol
That’s crazy about the tree?
I’ve been looking at houses in Florida and getting more and more serious about a big move. Haha? I’ll take the big bugs and killer trees over endless negative temperatures. We have a snow storm hitting tomorrow night and just the thought makes me want to cry.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Wow, I didn’t know Florida had such large creepy crawlies. Lol
That’s crazy about the tree?
I’ve been looking at houses in Florida and getting more and more serious about a big move. Haha? I’ll take the big bugs and killer trees over endless negative temperatures. We have a snow storm hitting tomorrow night and just the thought makes me want to cry.
Yeah I'll take my chances with 15' predatory reptiles over snow any day lmao.

Plus, for a nature nerd, all the unique wildlife down here isn't exactly a bad thing if we're being honest. Just gotta figure out which ones not to touch :p ?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Yeah I'll take my chances with 15' predatory reptiles over snow any day lmao.

Plus, for a nature nerd, all the unique wildlife down here isn't exactly a bad thing if we're being honest. Just gotta figure out which ones not to touch :p ?
Haha, exactly.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Coming home after some Black Friday shopping my husband spotted this beautiful snowy owl on an electronic poll.
90D7D5D9-B885-4D35-9448-005230B70721.jpeg
1E7FD604-519C-42FB-8DA0-D44AE53058E1.jpeg

I’ve seen less then a handful of these guys in the wild, so it was very special.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store