MFK catfish inventory...show or tell :)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
There he is! My 12" goonch enjoying his stock tank while I get my tanks moved to the new house. He's grown from 6" in a year. Slow but steady. ?

View attachment 1401525
Can't wait to see pics when you have it in it's home :). I know all too well about using temp tanks lol. My roommate says I should get a going.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
There he is! My 12" goonch enjoying his stock tank while I get my tanks moved to the new house. He's grown from 6" in a year. Slow but steady. ?

View attachment 1401525
Are you doing a growout thread? That's one thing I'd love to see come back is people doing growout threads with frequent updates lol

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
think smaller, its a Megalonema platycephalum actually ?
One my favorite fish I've kept so far
Very nice. Well I'd love to keep either one someday. I've heard both are flighty and spook easily. Now do you have a growout thread? Lol. I want to be able to keep track of some of these monster catfish so I can live vicariously through you guys and gals

Renegade Aquatics

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2016
Everett, WA
Very nice. Well I'd love to keep either one someday. I've heard both are flighty and spook easily. Now do you have a growout thread? Lol. I want to be able to keep track of some of these monster catfish so I can live vicariously through you guys and gals
I do have one but its not exclusive to the fish and can be found here: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/my-catfish-tank.724432/
She's only flighty when I'm doing gravel vacs it seems. I typically reach my hand in to drop food by her resting place so it doesn't get blown about and often nibbles my hand by mistake trying to grab food. Shes quite an aggressive feeder, it almost reminds me of a shark in the way turns and quickly changes direction to catch food. I think I have video of it in the that thread although I'm not entirely sure if it works tbh.

Reactions: necrocanis

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Are you doing a growout thread? That's one thing I'd love to see come back is people doing growout threads with frequent updates lol
Actually yes, I just haven't updated it since I got the thing ?

I @'d you in the thread. It's the same thread from back when you were still active :)

Reactions: necrocanis

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I do have one but its not exclusive to the fish and can be found here: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/my-catfish-tank.724432/
She's only flighty when I'm doing gravel vacs it seems. I typically reach my hand in to drop food by her resting place so it doesn't get blown about and often nibbles my hand by mistake trying to grab food. Shes quite an aggressive feeder, it almost reminds me of a shark in the way turns and quickly changes direction to catch food. I think I have video of it in the that thread although I'm not entirely sure if it works tbh.
I checked it out. :)

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Actually yes, I just haven't updated it since I got the thing ?

I @'d you in the thread. It's the same thread from back when you were still active :)
lol guess we will have to dig it up and revive it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store