Sports, gym and fitness thread 2019

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
I remember seeing a pic on this thread of a shorter member w/ great leaping ability almost able to dunk a basketball. Thought it was pretty impressive. Came across an old newspaper clip of me from the long past glory days when I also had some ups. Notice the Converse All Stars & the shorter shorts. Lol. Resized952020012695094738.jpg

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
You must start gymming man. I'm currently sitting at 172 lbs and stand about 6'4" for reference. Probably going to start running at university now that I have recovered from some serious injuries
I have trouble keeping my weight above 130 pounds, and that's when not burning a lot of calories.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have trouble keeping my weight above 130 pounds, and that's when not burning a lot of calories.
How much are you eating?

A week of orientation, dancing and moving around has given me a serious increase in the muscle tone and fitness of my legs. University is good guys!

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
How much are you eating?

A week of orientation, dancing and moving around has given me a serious increase in the muscle tone and fitness of my legs. University is good guys!
I've been trying to eat a good amount, along with drinking nutrition shakes and stuff. I wonder if I have some kind of metabolic issue. It could have also been the cause of my cognitive decline.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've been trying to eat a good amount, along with drinking nutrition shakes and stuff. I wonder if I have some kind of metabolic issue. It could have also been the cause of my cognitive decline.
How much are you eating, and are you exercising with it? Some people just don't pack on until later in life.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I personally dont believe in the protein shakes and supplements. I think their positive effects are mostly stimulated by mental coercion. Imo, the best, most easily digested sources of gains in muscle mass are from natural meats and vegetables high in protein, in conjunction with lots of rest. Oftentimes, protein powders can do more harm than good.

Caffeine is a great drug for lifters, but most preworkouts deliver a caffeine dose way too powerful for regular use. Imo moderation with caffeine or any other similar upper is key with preworkout supplements.

Don't ever juice. Youre only lying to yourself. If you have to ask whether or not you're juicing, you already know.

Last but not least, if youre serious about performance in lifting and/or building, abstinence from alcohol and nicotine is a must. As well as any other substance that interferes with your natural biorhythm. Im not religious or straight edge or anything like that, i can just tell you that, from experience, reliances on these substances will always hinder your abilities in the long run.

Thats my whole spiel on supplements and the gym/gains culture obsessed with them. Not that anyone asked. Don't ever take supplements cause someone said you need them. The power is in you, not some chalky powder.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
I personally dont believe in the protein shakes and supplements. I think their positive effects are mostly stimulated by mental coercion. Imo, the best, most easily digested sources of gains in muscle mass are from natural meats and vegetables high in protein, in conjunction with lots of rest. Oftentimes, protein powders can do more harm than good.

Caffeine is a great drug for lifters, but most preworkouts deliver a caffeine dose way too powerful for regular use. Imo moderation with caffeine or any other similar upper is key with preworkout supplements.

Don't ever juice. Youre only lying to yourself. If you have to ask whether or not you're juicing, you already know.

Last but not least, if youre serious about performance in lifting and/or building, abstinence from alcohol and nicotine is a must. As well as any other substance that interferes with your natural biorhythm. Im not religious or straight edge or anything like that, i can just tell you that, from experience, reliances on these substances will always hinder your abilities in the long run.

Thats my whole spiel on supplements and the gym/gains culture obsessed with them. Not that anyone asked. Don't ever take supplements cause someone said you need them. The power is in you, not some chalky powder.
Nothing beats whole foods I absolutely agree.. but when I bulk I cant eat enough whole foods to gain weight... so high calorie powders were a must... for a guy who works full time and has a life after work besides the gym I cant make 5000 calories worth of food and eat it .. on a cut tho... easy to make enough fish chicken rice potatoes and so on to do a healthy cut without any powder

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Nothing beats whole foods I absolutely agree.. but when I bulk I cant eat enough whole foods to gain weight... so high calorie powders were a must... for a guy who works full time and has a life after work besides the gym I cant make 5000 calories worth of food and eat it .. on a cut tho... easy to make enough fish chicken rice potatoes and so on to do a healthy cut without any powder
I get that. I was consistently underweight when i was an athlete. Protein powders only wreaked havoc on my digestive system and stifled my appetite so they did not work for me. Contrarily i could eat a whole supreme pizza and be absolutely fine though, not that that's healthy lol.

• Love
Reactions: Nilsafeller
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store