My flowerhorn's update blog.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
So this is just a lil update blog I'm throwing together about my FH. She was originally bred from her parents that I used to have and so far she is my favorite fish that I have currently. She was the odd ball out of the whole group of fry so I kept her by herself for most of her life untill resently, she had 3 female kirbensis she was housed with but after a week she was down to one. Currently she gets along just fine with the one so it's kind of stayed that way even thru the whole tank switch. She was in a 10 gallon for the longest time but finally got her into a 30 gallon for now, still needs a major upgrade, hoping to find a good 60-80 gallon for her down the road. I will be posting pics of her on a weekly to by weekly schedule.

Also I still haven't figured out what I should name her yet so if anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears lol.

Reactions: Fishenvy

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
If you look closely you can see the lil kirbensis female swimming around in a few of the last pics.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
So just a small update here. Took a vid of her swimming around investigating some flat rocks I put into her temp tank while I had the mirror against the side of the tank. Also noticed she has regained some of the original darker coloration in her lips and fins, is this normal for a fader? Also, it might just be me seeing what I want to see, does it look like she is cleaning the rocks and flirting with her own reflection?

P.s. still haven't figured out a name for her yet, any suggestions?

Reactions: maxstillen

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Yes.....It's normal for the dark spots to come and go on Faders.
Ok thx, yeah I though that she might've been getting stressed over the move to a bigger tank.
Still surprised she gets along with the kirbensis in there tho, would've thought she'd eat her like she did with the other 2 but she seems to get along well with her for now atleast.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Just a small update on my girl here. Still needing a name for her so all suggestions are welcome. Btw is it just me or is her kok grown a lil bigger lately?

IMG_20200318_104909.jpg

IMG_20200318_104848.jpg

IMG_20200318_104434.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store