Congrats to the July 2020 POTM winner, DMD123!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Plecos suck.

But seriously, well done!

I am glad to see that the best photograph won, not just the pic with the most popular fish. *ahem polys.....
We can't help that they're so awesome. Don't worry poly gang, I have something in the works :D

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thanks guys.

I want to start with a HUGE THANK YOU to fishguy1978 fishguy1978 for raising the pleco. This fish was in my possession for less than 24 hours when I got the shot. I had just picked it up, got it into the tank and then took a few pics a couple hours later, so again thank you fishguy1978 fishguy1978 for the awesome fish. Credit, where credit is due!

As to the picture... I believe pleco and bichirs should be eliminated for consideration for POTM due to their sedentary nature and the fact they just sit there. Way too easy for a good pic, lol. With this one I was able to hold the phone right against the glass, zoom in and it turned out to be one of the best close up shots Ive ever managed to get. No special camera or lenses, just my old Motorola G5 Plus phone and a very still subject and zero camera movement. Lighting is from the Beamswork EA LED fixture, no flash used.

The funny thing is that I am not a pleco guy by any means and was going to submit... you guessed it, bichir or cichlid pics, lol. But this guy just sat very still and gave me a great shot so that was that.

Thanks again to everyone who voted, thanks to fishguy1978 fishguy1978 for the awesome fish and now I need to try and top this pic....

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
A cell phone took this picture?!?!?!
Looks like it. Gotta now try and replicate it. Is that pic touched up or straight off the phone DMD123 DMD123 ?

Reactions: DMD123 and Niki_up
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store