WI fish keepers???

BurbeyTanks

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2020
WI
Just reading through random forums on here and all I see are members from California and the coasts, is there anybody from WI on here and what do you keep? It would be cool to see what other people around me keep as none of my friends or family keep fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Although I live in Panama now, I spent most of my 60 fish keeping years in Milwaukee, keeping cichlids from all over the world.
Beside belonging to the Milwaukee Aquarium Society, i also spent some time in the Greater Chicago Cichlid Assn, and still belong to the American Cichlid Assn so most of my fish came thru their Auctions, Swap Meets, regular meetings, and other members of all these clubs, and also had friends in the Madison club.
I usually had around 20 tanks going year round , and a couple ponds spring thru fall, and bred about 100 species of cichlids, and a few non-cichlids (Killifish, livebearers etc)

Reactions: BurbeyTanks

BurbeyTanks

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2020
WI
Although I live in Panama now, I spent most of my 60 fish keeping years in Milwaukee, keeping cichlids from all over the world.
Beside belonging to the Milwaukee Aquarium Society, i also spent some time in the Greater Chicago Cichlid Assn, and still belong to the American Cichlid Assn so most of my fish came thru their Auctions, Swap Meets, regular meetings, and other members of all these clubs, and also had friends in the Madison club.
I usually had around 20 tanks going year round , and a couple ponds spring thru fall, and bred about 100 species of cichlids, and a few non-cichlids (Killifish, livebearers etc)
Awesome, I’ve been thinking about joining a club but I don’t know too much about what goes on or if I have one nearby anyway.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Also be aware that many or all clubs are not holding in person meetings but may offer online speaker presentations that coincide with their normal meeting date. Some clubs have websites while others are on facebook so check those options for information.

BurbeyTanks

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2020
WI
Also be aware that many or all clubs are not holding in person meetings but may offer online speaker presentations that coincide with their normal meeting date. Some clubs have websites while others are on facebook so check those options for information.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: deeda

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I live in the Dells.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com