blue dragon flower horn

skooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
salem OR
so quick question what strain of flowerhorn is the real blue dragon??

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
blue dragon is one of the old school Dragon ZZs. Basically a ZZ lacking alot of red and more on the gray side unlike the red dragon having plenty red..

It was my first FH..

It's more green than blue but it's either blue or red side to be. And mine had no red and it's a ZZ dragon..

I put him on the green Dragon category and he is the first..

Most BDs don't even have the blue green sheen like mine did. It is shiny with fine fine grains of irridescent When the light hits it. That's the sheen Im talking about. It's like a glaze of colored gloss coat with fine shiny sand that twinkles inside the gloss coat it's magnificent!

The shiny coat is extremely beautiful camera does no justice. It was the fish I had to get when I saw it.. 2006 pitch black big round flower at the head with bold metallic outline. Straight up fengshui and cool as hell

tn_gallery_243_55_14043.jpg

tn_gallery_243_55_10935.jpg

tn_gallery_243_55_21680.jpg

tn_gallery_243_55_45944.jpg

tn_gallery_243_55_11478.jpg

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
if the person breeding don't keep it solid and mix the Blue Dragon with the red dragon, you get the in betweeners that you not sure what side it's on then it doesn't matter because FHs are a bunch of mix anyway lol. idk it's like that

Blue Dragon Flowerhorn.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

skooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
salem OR
Wow man the one you had was beautiful I know so e say these guys are dull and prefere the red dragons but these guys stick out to me much more! I was gonna try to get one from Albert but he sells no more.

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
As far as I knew blue dragon is a breeder name to try to sell more or have the "next best thing". Those fish are red dragons regardless of lack of red.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
As far as I knew blue dragon is a breeder name to try to sell more or have the "next best thing". Those fish are red dragons regardless of lack of red.

It is a Strain name made up just like Red dragons and red shock, red monkey and such.. It was around(name was heard) before red shock red monkey and even red dragon

they are the ones nearest to Trimacs where FHs started. Then it evolved

the Blue dragon strain was an OG strain from the past and is the OG FH that started the Fengshui hype. when FH grading were based on lenght of flowerline and for resmblance to Chinese words or numbers..

these days Blue dragons would be considered low grade FHs to those that are into extreme combined qualities.

King Kamfas are the new Generation today I think..

I wonder what the next decades holds

skooby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2012
salem OR
Couldn't say it any better thanks animal guy:D

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
My Blue Dragon at 11 weeks old about 4 inches long

View attachment 1431887

View attachment 1431888
Good looking FH ya got there but I hate to say that your about 7 years too late for this thread. The likely hood of someone, that was originally part of this thread, to respond would be next to none. But I will say I do like your your lil guy looks. I'm also surprised yours hasn't destroyed those plants yet either. What ever your doing keep it up, it seems to be working at the least.

Reactions: Ruturaj
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store