Cohazard’s parrot breeding projects - journal thread

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
quick update:

the female chose the male parrot, who wasn’t showing any interest in breeding. Today, that changed and he was suddenly helping the female push around the syn, so I pulled the male parrot.

I vented the syn and I’m 99% sure it’s a male. The female parrot is eager to breed so I’m willing to bet I will have eggs dropped within the next week.

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
Nice one mate. You have similar taste in fish to me. I did this project a while back and got some nice fish from the first generation but never bred from them. I’d like to do it again properly. Have a look at this thread, you’ll find my fish at the bottom. Good luck.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Nice one mate. You have similar taste in fish to me. I did this project a while back and got some nice fish from the first generation but never bred from them. I’d like to do it again properly. Have a look at this thread, you’ll find my fish at the bottom. Good luck.

those look really nice!!! I’m hoping that by breeding an offspring back to the father or even another syn (got my eye on an orange/red syn) they’ll get even crazier. Also want to add pears at some point, if I can find one of those spotted pearly syns.

thanks for sharing, keeps me motivated!!!

Reactions: Krismo962

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
those look really nice!!! I’m hoping that by breeding an offspring back to the father or even another syn (got my eye on an orange/red syn) they’ll get even crazier. Also want to add pears at some point, if I can find one of those spotted pearly syns.

thanks for sharing, keeps me motivated!!!
Yeah you'll end up with some cool fish. Are you going for normal shaped or parrot shaped? Or both lol.

Reactions: Krismo962

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah you'll end up with some cool fish. Are you going for normal shaped or parrot shaped? Or both lol.
My main focus is on parrots. I have wanted a nice high quality crystal parrot for years and always seem to miss them when they’re available.

I also want to develop my own line of kirrin parrots, to make some mammon shaped parrots with the insane pearling and colors of the best Kamfa. That’s a long term goal because that will definitely take a few generations of breeding to achieve.

But if I see some cool Kamfa shaped fish coming out I may keep a couple around.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I had a parrot-like hybrid from Cichlasoma maculicauda x KKP. It was unfertile male.

View attachment 1425844
Dude that thing is awesome! Beautiful fish, and that’s definitely along the lines of what I’m going for. I want to develop some with different synspilum/melanura colors. A blue line and an orange line.

Are you trying to breed crystal KKP? Those would be sweet!!
Yes that’s one of the projects in mind, along with a synspilum Parrot project.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store