Synodontis with bichirs

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Not that big. He's always hiding so I can't really get a ruler next to him. About a foot?
He was nice enough to come out for a few seconds and stop right against the glass for a few seconds. Of course by the time I grabbed something to measure him, he'd moved. Sticking my Leatherman up to the glass about where he was though, 13" give or take a bit.

Reactions: tlindsey

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
He was nice enough to come out for a few seconds and stop right against the glass for a few seconds. Of course by the time I grabbed something to measure him, he'd moved. Sticking my Leatherman up to the glass about where he was though, 13" give or take a bit.
Uhh 13" at a decade old seems kinda suspicious.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I wouldn't be surprised, especially if CB. My sen's didn't surpass 7.5" in 3 years due to lower feeding rates and less water changes during a drought. Not all fish hit the maximum growth potential

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Just an FYI, some synos (eupterus or featherfin in this case) will eat off slime coats. This one did it with all 3 of my sens that I have kept and killed a young Delhezi. Not sure if other species would do the same.
View attachment 1461609
Thanks for the warning, I moved my syno to the tank with the bichirs shortly after i posted this. So far so good. The syno is a 5” ocellifer and the bichirs are a 12” delhezi and a 9” Endlicheri. I’ll keep an eye out, if there’s any issues, the syno can rejoin the rifties

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Well, this experiment failed, I noticed my endi with a couple spots that looked like Hendres pic, so I moved the syno back with the rifties.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store