Fishing experiences

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
One time I was out fishing for Largemouth Bass in a boat at the begining of March and it was freezing cold. Well, I caught a Northern Pike and they thrash a lot when caught. Not only was the fish hooked I ended up being hooked as well (multiple treble hooks on lure) . While trying to dislodge the hooks my foot was on the side of the boat. Well I slipped and went overboard into the freezing water all the way up to my neck. It probably looked like a Bill Dance blooper clip lol. The fun part was we kept fishing anyway and caught a lot of large Bass that day, even though I had a cut on my finger and was soaking wet lol. Well the cut was so deep I went to the emergency center after fishing and the cut was so close to my tendon they had to be very careful with the stitches. That's my fun story.

Reactions: Bbuckley

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
One time I was out fishing for Largemouth Bass in a boat at the begining of March and it was freezing cold. Well, I caught a Northern Pike and they thrash a lot when caught. Not only was the fish hooked I ended up being hooked as well (multiple treble hooks on lure) . While trying to dislodge the hooks my foot was on the side of the boat. Well I slipped and went overboard into the freezing water all the way up to my neck. It probably looked like a Bill Dance blooper clip lol. The fun part was we kept fishing anyway and caught a lot of large Bass that day, even though I had a cut on my finger and was soaking wet lol. Well the cut was so deep I went to the emergency center after fishing and the cut was so close to my tendon they had to be very careful with the stitches. That's my fun story.
You continued fishing with a finger with a cut that was extremely close to your tendon I mean I love fishing too I’m actually fishing today soon but if a cut got that deep I’d probably turn back and go to the hospital or just suck it up and rub some dirt on it like you did ? a few weeks ago a was crappie fishing with a jig just a small orange shad softbait and it was my last one and I got it snagged on a log maybe 20 feet into the lake and I’ve been having a good day I had maybe 6 crappie about10-12 inches and didn’t wanna go home yet so well o open the bail on the pole set it down and thought it’d be fun to climb out on the old rotten dead fallen tree that goes maybe 50 feet into the lake but about 20 feet is exposed above water and the climb out there went just fine no problems and I get my line off the log and go to turn around, well I fell, I put my foot too far back on the log when turning around and I slipped on algae and up to my neck in 60° water, long story short I went fishing, got snagged, went to get my line unsnagged and ended up having to walk home

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
26F27AB4-4A8F-4266-BAB1-FE4C5CDD4CCE.jpeg105C81A4-7F45-497D-9D9E-6B095328AF2A.jpeg
help ID this fish I caught the other day it’s either a sauger a saugeye or walleye I don’t believe it’s a walleye though also that day I decided to walk down the river a bout a mile and caught nothing but at some point I stepped on something and it went into my big toe I’m not sure what it is but it’s pretty deep and can’t get it out it’s been in about two days and now skin has grown over it a bit. It doesn’t hurt it’s just a bit uncomfortable at times so any advice on getting that out would be much appreciated

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Caught a new PB rock bass. About 10” and near a pound and a half coming up close to the Ohio record of 1.97 pounds and 14” I’ll post a better picture before I fillet him when I get home AAEB73A2-43F5-4E0B-8C59-4275FEE7AF74.jpeg7E574426-5D6B-4323-9C10-56BA0AB6151F.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store