Fishing experiences

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Here in San Diego, it’s impossible to find a river or lake with a high chance of catching something. So surf fishing is the next best thing. I ussually catch a few Corbina, Surf Perch, and if I’m lucky, a Leopard Shark.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Here in San Diego, it’s impossible to find a river or lake with a high chance of catching something. So surf fishing is the next best thing. I ussually catch a few Corbina, Surf Perch, and if I’m lucky, a Leopard Shark.
I’d absolutely love to fish saltwater. This week I’m going to Lake Erie so I’m gonna target walleye and trout

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I’d absolutely love to fish saltwater. This week I’m going to Lake Erie so I’m gonna target walleye and trout
Believe it or not, July and august are the worst saltwater fishing months here. Our fish like cold water. I say this, and in reality I’m going on a full day boat tomorrow lol

• Haha

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Believe it or not, July and august are the worst saltwater fishing months here. Our fish like cold water. I say this, and in reality I’m going on a full day boat tomorrow lol
Lol. I don’t care if I catch anything or not. I love the ocean. I was born in North Carolina by Myrtle beach but only ever been to an ocean a dozen times but I’m always drawn to the ocean.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Just a lil update ocean fishing

Today I went on a full day out to Catalina Island. Fish count was this:

33 anglers, 33 Barracuda, 1 Yellowtail, 8 Calico Bass, 4 Whitefish, and 1 Sheepshead. Dad caught a barracuda. They need to be 28” plus, and his was 3 feet. I caught some bass fly lining. I’ll tel you about the rigs and whatnot after I take a much needed nap. No pics because we just forgot.

My fishing experiences are on this thread, and let me tell ya, I have quit a few.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Got home from camping today, did water change and all the fun stuff. Yea. I’m going to lake erie tomorrow ? other than walleye, white perch, yellow perch, and the elusive burbot, what other fish are there in Lake Erie? I’ll be in the Marblehead area basically fishing for 4 days straight lol. Any fishing laws I should take note of? Any fishing tips?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Got home from camping today, did water change and all the fun stuff. Yea. I’m going to lake erie tomorrow ? other than walleye, white perch, yellow perch, and the elusive burbot, what other fish are there in Lake Erie? I’ll be in the Marblehead area basically fishing for 4 days straight lol. Any fishing laws I should take note of? Any fishing tips?
Smallies, Pike, Musky... ull prob run into alot of drum if ur targeting eyes/perch...

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Smallies, Pike, Musky... ull prob run into alot of drum if ur targeting eyes/perch...
I’ll be targeting walleye and perch. Should I bring a bass pole that I use for saugeye, bass and occasionally catfish and a bit 10ft catfish rod or bring 2 bass poles? I plan on using crankbait, spinners and possibly live minnows on a bullet sinker with 1.5’ of line to the hook with live minnow if I do use live for walleye and was thinking possibly smaller spinners, hairy jigs and possibly soft plastic crawfish lure for perch. I have never caught perch or walleye before and don’t know any on how to catch or target them. I’ll be using 20lb test line the entire time. Should I get some nylon leaders so walleye don’t bite through the line? I’ll only be in Marblehead and possibly Kelly’s island for 1 day. Are walleye currently moving to cooler, deeper waters or will they still be up near the bank by what I think is called wall breakers or something like that, don’t remember. Done a bit of research on walleye and perch size and daily limit. The hotel I’ll be at has a pier but don’t know how far out it is. Any advice will be much appreciated. I’m so freaking excited to finally fish Lake Erie. I’ve been there many times as a baby but never fished it but as a baby been on a boat while my papaw catches walleye, he’s not going this week but going soon and taking me along to fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store