Oscar grow out thread

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
try the catfish krill omega pellets theyre big but skinny so small oscars can fill up pretty fast on them and easily eat them. i feed it to pack weight onto my cichlids or to make them grow faster. i usually feed brine and algae wafers but ill feed the krill pellets for a week straight every week or two to my grow out tanks and all my cichlids who can eat them hit a growth spurt. i use them as a staple on my oscar specifically.

Reactions: Apollo and Deadeye

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
i wish i could go back in time and buy like 5-10 oscars so i could have a shoal but now my oscar is to big and would most likely cause allot of fights.

Reactions: Apollo and Deadeye

Apollo

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2013
India
try the catfish krill omega pellets theyre big but skinny so small oscars can fill up pretty fast on them and easily eat them. i feed it to pack weight onto my cichlids or to make them grow faster. i usually feed brine and algae wafers but ill feed the krill pellets for a week straight every week or two to my grow out tanks and all my cichlids who can eat them hit a growth spurt. i use them as a staple on my oscar specifically.
Thanks for your comment.
Will definitely try to find those pellets.

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
Yeah I will post updates soon.
Unable to get good pictures though.
their coloration looks awesome im sure theyll turn out great definitely worth the wait.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store