What are you cooking today.

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
2.5lbs of freshly collected oyster mushrooms from the woods behind the house.443477F7-D982-433A-9EF9-B3C86B1E425E.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
IMG_9338.jpegGrilling!

Reactions: Backfromthedead

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
IMG_9344.jpeg
blackened salmon , green beans and Spanish rice.

FerdosSintol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2021
I've decided to try out a new, easy Alfredo sauce recipe. As someone who appreciates the creamy and indulgent flavors of this classic Italian sauce, I'm excited to see how this homemade version will turn out. There's something satisfying about creating a dish from scratch and being able to customize it to my own taste.

To begin, I gathered the necessary ingredients: butter, heavy cream, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. With just a handful of simple ingredients, this recipe promises to deliver a delectable Alfredo sauce that can rival any restaurant's offering. I believe that cooking doesn't have to be overly complicated, and this recipe perfectly exemplifies that.

I'll start by melting a generous amount of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter adds richness and a velvety texture to the sauce. While the butter melts, I finely chop a few cloves of garlic to infuse the sauce with its aromatic flavor. The sizzling sound of butter in the pan and the aroma of garlic wafting through the air signal the beginning of a culinary adventure....

Who else tried to prepare homemade Alfredo sauce?

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I've decided to try out a new, easy Alfredo sauce recipe. As someone who appreciates the creamy and indulgent flavors of this classic Italian sauce, I'm excited to see how this homemade version will turn out. There's something satisfying about creating a dish from scratch and being able to customize it to my own taste.

To begin, I gathered the necessary ingredients: butter, heavy cream, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. With just a handful of simple ingredients, this recipe promises to deliver a delectable Alfredo sauce that can rival any restaurant's offering. I believe that cooking doesn't have to be overly complicated, and this recipe perfectly exemplifies that.

I'll start by melting a generous amount of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter adds richness and a velvety texture to the sauce. While the butter melts, I finely chop a few cloves of garlic to infuse the sauce with its aromatic flavor. The sizzling sound of butter in the pan and the aroma of garlic wafting through the air signal the beginning of a culinary adventure....

When i have the time and motivation i have found some success with alfredo, vodka, carbonara sauce. I always augment my sauces with excessive garlic--usually a whole head for one batch and also plenty of marjoram and wine. Always parmigiano reggiano too, cant abide no cheap parmesan.

Reactions: FerdosSintol

Lepisosteus

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada

All my pasta sauces are made from scratch. Creamy Alfredo is one of my favorites. I also like making a penne vodka sauce.

Once you have the foundation of a good Alfredo it’s easy to bring the creamy pasta to the next level. Try different variations of these:

- pancetta or bacon
- shrimp sundried tomato and basil
- chicken and broccoli
- seafood mix, mussels, clams, shrimp
- crab chunks and shrimp
- steak onion and basil
- add can diced tomato and a bit tomato paste for a rose Alfredo
- mushrooms

Next try a traditional carbonara. Only eggs, pancetta/guanchalla, pecorino Romano cheese, and lots of pepper!

189A2C38-B6FF-4878-9AFA-19324012F45B.jpeg

E40620AB-CF18-4DCD-BFAF-BA3EF061FA7C.jpeg

D1329302-5F37-45FA-A1E4-4E27DF5CF402.jpeg

ECA58854-F652-48EC-BFE6-B664A2FE0B9E.jpeg

4B9425EE-3DB0-4BBF-8BAA-2BF6E7A4A763.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store