24k gallon lagoon. Stocking inquiry?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Bumping my old thread cause I saw Zoodiver Zoodiver active in 2023...

Throw me some ideas :popcorn: :help2:
Scrap the gt, get bluefin trevally
Enjoy
Rok-with-Bluefin-1024x768.jpg
Could get some big triggers to fill in the space, maybe a grouper too
I don't know how I feel about putting any pelagic fish in a pool, even if it is 24k gallons. Bluefin trevally are a bit smaller and more reef dwelling. That's not to say gts aren't reef dwelling, but bluefin would fit better long term.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Scrap the gt, get bluefin trevally
Enjoy
View attachment 1523639
Could get some big triggers to fill in the space, maybe a grouper too
I don't know how I feel about putting any pelagic fish in a pool, even if it is 24k gallons. Bluefin trevally are a bit smaller and more reef dwelling. That's not to say gts aren't reef dwelling, but bluefin would fit better long term.
One of my holy grail fish and I kick myself for not grabbing them when they were available. As far GT (Caranx ignobilis) I think 24k gallons is adequate for a few based on how they were in my tank.

I'm more interested in shark's which is why I bumped the thread. Triggerfish and everything else doesn't interested me.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
One of my holy grail fish and I kick myself for not grabbing them when they were available. As far GT (Caranx ignobilis) I think 24k gallons is adequate for a few based on how they were in my tank.

I'm more interested in shark's which is why I bumped the thread. Triggerfish and everything else doesn't interested me.
Silvertips?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I need to ask a naive question here: What about that item makes it a "salt-water" pool? Is there some difference in the construction and/or materials that justifies that distinct description? Could you not use any commercial above-ground swimming pool for this cool project?

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Silvertips?
Carcharhinus albimarginatus? They get 10' on a
I need to ask a naive question here: What about that item makes it a "salt-water" pool? Is there some difference in the construction and/or materials that justifies that distinct description? Could you not use any commercial above-ground swimming pool for this cool project?
You're asking me how a watch works. For now we'll just keep an eye on the time.

• Haha
Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store