How the time has flown.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It was around about this very time exactly eight years ago to the day that I joined MFK, Dec 31st 2015.

I had only recently came back into the hobby after many years away. I was finding my feet all over again and felt I needed maybe a bit of guidance and inspiration.

I was already a forum member of some other non related sites, and I wondered if there was some kind of fish forum out there too, so I began searching....and found you guys.

I cringe looking back in the archive at some of my very early posts because they were peppered with dumb questions/observations that you'd expect from a newbie, which is exactly what I was really.

But thanks, in part, to a lot of good advice on here over the years, not to mention my own experiences too, I feel I have grown into a half decent hobbyist again now.

But it's more than just the knowledge and experience I've gained on here, much more. This forum has allowed me to meet new people, you guys, many of which I consider my friends.

So, here's to the eight years I've been here, and may there be many more, for all of us.

Wishing you guys all the best for 2024.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I feel I have grown into a half decent hobbyist again now.
You have became a great hobbyist imo.
This forum has allowed me to meet new people, you guys, many of which I consider my friends.
Thanks for the kind words I share the same experience although I may be in the dog house for suggesting you watch my favorite movie 😆
Wish you and everyone on the forum the best as well.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Woah, woah, woah...wait a minute here...

You've been a member for eight years now...and I joined less than five years ago...

...so who was keeping an eye on you for those first 3+ years? Were they letting you run totally "free range"???? :nilly:

Happy New Year to everybody! :)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
...so who was keeping an eye on you for those first 3+ years? Were they letting you run totally "free range"???? :nilly:
Ah yes, those pre John days. I remember them fondly. Nobody to pull me up about my shocking grandma, bad speling and my quirky British ways.

And now, I'm slaughtered almost every time I post! Lol.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Happy New Year!

It’s only been a little over 3 years for me. I want to thank all of you veteran fishkeepers for teaching me how little I know so I can learn even more.
I think I’ll stick with the fish advice and not so much the movie wisdom though…

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I think I’ll stick with the fish advice and not so much the movie wisdom though…
Sounds like a comment from someone scarred from listening to tlindsey tlindsey too much. Don't worry, I've been had by him too, lol.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sounds like a comment from someone scarred from listening to tlindsey tlindsey too much. Don't worry, I've been had by him too, lol.
It’s okay - I make sure to see how everyone else reacts first. I would have to have literally nothing better to be doing than watch aquarium of the dead…then again I can just look at my reef tank and see the same thing.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It’s okay - I make sure to see how everyone else reacts first. I would have to have literally nothing better to be doing than watch aquarium of the dead…then again I can just look at my reef tank and see the same thing.
Lol, I take it your reef tank isn't exactly thriving then!!!

Reactions: Fishman Dave

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Ah yes, those pre John days. I remember them fondly. Nobody to pull me up about my shocking grandma, bad speling and my quirky British ways.

And now, I'm slaughtered almost every time I post! Lol.
It's a dirty job...but somebody's gotta do it!

You're welcome! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store