My First Breeding Project Platinum Senegal bichir (Polypterus senegalus)

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
YOU WANT A TIP POST SOME PICS YOU BASTARD I WANA SEE IT COME ON POST PICS PICS PICS PICS IMA ROB YOUR HOUSE JUST SO I CAN TAKE PICS OF YOUR FISH. AINT GONNA TAKE NOTHING BUT PICS

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
WckedMidas said:
YOU WANT A TIP POST SOME PICS YOU BASTARD I WANA SEE IT COME ON POST PICS PICS PICS PICS IMA ROB YOUR HOUSE JUST SO I CAN TAKE PICS OF YOUR FISH. AINT GONNA TAKE NOTHING BUT PICS
LOL.... soon bro soon... just got the last half couple days ago... let them settle abit then i will take some pix

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
:mad: :mad: :mad: :

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
good luck

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
neoprodigy said:
I recently aquired couple Senegal bichir (Polypterus senegalus). im ready to breed these babies in about 1 year... any tips or suggestions?
I have found tha when my ornate polypterus would spawn they would often knock off the lid of their tank and end up on the floor.So I would recomend straping down the lid and lowering the water level if your tank is deep enough.Heavy feeding fallowed by a large water change always seemed to get mine in the mood.I would remove the eggs to small bare tank to hatch and feed micro worms.Keep them full and they won't eat eachother so much.....Good luck

View attachment 1080738

Reactions: Jiri dubislav

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
waterboy said:
I have found tha when my ornate polypterus would spawn they would often knock off the lid of their tank and end up on the floor.So I would recomend straping down the lid and lowering the water level if your tank is deep enough.Heavy feeding fallowed by a large water change always seemed to get mine in the mood.I would remove the eggs to small bare tank to hatch and feed micro worms.Keep them full and they won't eat eachother so much.....Good luck
thanks... i will keep in mind

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
I have seen a Japanese video of breeding Senagalus. they were in a tank that had substrate and they use plants as a place for the pair to deposit the eggs. The eggs were so tiny so it is best that they not be moved. so be prepared to add a sponge or filter floss to wrap around your power filter intake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store