my mexican fireleg tarantula

huy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
viet nam
hi guy this is my new pet an mexican fire leg tarantula :headbang2. i got him 2 day ago and feed him 2 super worms :naughty: but now she haven't eat anything >< i try the cricket and some super worm but she ingore them :/,in northen vietname the weather going cold now does it matter to my spider :/ :screwy: what i have to do now :screwy: can someone tell me pls? ok here the pic

bettagurl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hampton VA
You need to post on www.arachnoboards.com

She needs to be in a warm, humid area, peat moss and a dirt mixture is much better than those shavings.
MAKE SURE THEY ARE NOT PINE. Pine can kill tarantulas.
She may be cold, and needs to have her tank warmed.

Ask on arachnoboards, I don't know enough about fire legs to give you all the info you need.

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
bettagurl;2367461; said:
Also, unless the rocks you have stacked are secured with glue or something, you need to take them out. If they shift it could kill her.

If she is your first tarantula, you really shouldn't have gotten a fire leg, a rose hair or chaco tarantula would have been easier.

:iagree:

Pretty tarantula though! ;)

rmorse

Gr8 Stalker
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Great Mills, Maryland
bettagurl;2367703; said:
Yes, absolutely beautiful.. I was going to get one as my first, but decided I'd do better with a hardier and easier to care for species.

Yea. I really want a Cobalt, but I probably shouldn't just yet :nilly:

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
huy;2367398; said:
hi guy this is my new pet an mexican fire leg tarantula :headbang2. i got him 2 day ago and feed him 2 super worms :naughty: but now she haven't eat anything >< i try the cricket and some super worm but she ingore them :/,in northen vietname the weather going cold now does it matter to my spider :/ :screwy: what i have to do now :screwy: can someone tell me pls? ok here the pic

real pretty not my type of pet but I do love their colors

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store