Color Enhanced Homemade Fish Food

NotoriousSway

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Muncie, IN
I have mentioned this to a couple of people and thought I would post it. A couple years ago I was trying to bring out the orange in my Aul. Maleri Island fry and decided to make my own food. The food was not complicated at all, all I did was take my regular fish food flakes and mix a little water and a lot of paprika and crushed red pepper because I had read this could be used to bring out the red. I put this in a siringe and extruded it out and let dry, for a end result of fish food sticks. Well after a couple weeks you can see the results below...

These are 2"+ fry

For comparison here is their bright yellow Aulonocara sp. "Stuartgranti Maleri" father.

cnoel08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2008
memphis, tn
wow. lets see some before and after on the babys too :)

NotoriousSway

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Muncie, IN
Sorry I don't have any before and after and they were sold soon after this pic was taken. Like I said this was a couple years ago and this is just a random pic I took, I never planned on making a thread out of it. It was even before I was a member here. Sorry this is far from scientific standards, this was done back when I was a noob.

cnoel08

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2008
memphis, tn
oh ok, still looks good tho

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Some RTC owners will coat food like market shrimp in paprika to color up the tail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store