How to connect powerhead to air stone?

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
I need advice to connect the air output from my powerhead

to my air stones/air curtains without the need to buy another air pump..

The lfs guy said I just need to connect both with a tube which obviously didn't work..
Please help.. thx

JaxsBr

Candiru
MFK Member
May 19, 2009
South Africa
I might not get what your saying.but the powerhead doesnt have a air out put.Its called a venturi something.what it means is that the powerhead pushes water pass the air line and creates suction which sucks in air into the water.

Only way of adding air would be a air pump.
Sorry if im misunderstanding your Q

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Thx for replying..
JaxsBr;3149638; said:
I might not get what your saying.but the powerhead doesnt have a air out put.Its called a venturi something.what it means is that the powerhead pushes water pass the air line and creates suction which sucks in air into the water.

Only way of adding air would be a air pump.
Sorry if im misunderstanding your Q
That's what I meant to say..
Is there really no other way to make it work without an air pump?

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
H]-[H;3150107; said:
Thx for replying..

That's what I meant to say..
Is there really no other way to make it work without an air pump?

Im pretty sure your question was already answered.

JakeH

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Houston, TX
The LFS guy was a bit dislexic I think. It would be possible to run pressurized air from a pump into the output of the Phead, but not the other way around. Phead's use venturi suction only. They do make spray bar kits that can attach to Phead outputs, but I dont know if that would help you. Why cant you use an air pump?

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Actually the air output from the powerhead works fine, I just wanted to make it look nicer by adding an air stone.. plus I don't feel like wasting $$ to get something that's not necessary..
Perhaps I'll DIY something up.. lol
& thx for the replies.. appreciate it..

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
ok.. let me see if i understand what you want to do. you want to attach an air stone to the powerhead output, where the water and air (sucked in from the venturi) come out?

it's not possible. it just doesn't work that way. you need an air pump to run an air stone, no matter what the size of the air stone.

i thought of something else, are you pumping air into the Venturi airline on the powerhead? i've never heard of that, but i can see where someone might try it. IF.. that is what you are talking about you MAY be able to put an airline T in and split off enough air pressure to run a stone, but that would be iffy at best, air is going to follow the path of least resistance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store