Cichla orinocensis (juvi)?

mad ness

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2009
Hong Kong
LFS has some, 1inchers

claiming fish that match the below pattern are orinocensis. Look just like these in the pic (from aqua-bonito) lateral bar with circular blotches but more gold through out the body like orinocensis shown below.
these are labelled: Cichla sp  "[SIZE=+0]Amazon river tucunare yellow[/SIZE]"

as opposed to these which have less lateral bar are labelled:

These are labelled: orinocencus

thnx

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
im not sure what youre asking, but the pics in the first pic do not look like orinos, one even has four spots. but then again, they are very young and hard to tell. the second pic are definitely orino

mad ness

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2009
Hong Kong
ok thanks, that answers my question. could not take a photo at the LFS so found the closest thing to it which is the top photo. The ones at LFS do not exactly match the lower photo, because there's a lateral line through the spots.

orinos never come with 4 spots?

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
mad ness;3328525;3328525 said:
ok thanks, that answers my question. could not take a photo at the LFS so found the closest thing to it which is the top photo. The ones at LFS do not exactly match the lower photo, because there's a lateral line through the spots.

orinos never come with 4 spots?
dont let the lateral line fool you. almost all baby cichla will show the line when stressed or excited. a typical orino will have 3 spots and the tail spot. but theres not saying it cant happen, it would very rare!

Thanatos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Hong Kong
Nice brother!
My friend in HK is offering me his 7" columbia orino pair at USD 480/pair, just wonder if it is a reasonable price of orino?

mad ness

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2009
Hong Kong
Thanatos;3329748; said:
Nice brother!
My friend in HK is offering me his 7" columbia orino pair at USD 480/pair, just wonder if it is a reasonable price of orino?
:confused: no idea... I'm new to these fish too. but you understand the hk market, the LFS won't bring these kinds of fish unless they know there is demand. And if there's demand prices go up fairly quickly. but if you are buying from a "friend", should be much cheaper. just bought these 1~1.5" orinos for 60usd each

DSCF4958.JPG

TimTheBadass

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2007
Wales, UK
Your wasting your time. If you don't have pics of the fish we can't id them. I highly doubt the fish in the lfs are an exact match to the ones in the first pic either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store