So you want to keep a RTC (Red Tailed Catfish)?

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
dragonsong;4342474; said:
Woa what are you feeding??? I've only spent about $10 feeding mine so far since I've bought him!! He only eats about 1 shrimp per sitting right now tho cuz of his size.

1lb of haddock fillets = $3
1lb of market shrimp = $3
Nightcrawlers = free
i change there diet everyday :D Monday: MarketSrhimp Tuesday: NightCrawlers Wedsday: Tilapia Thursday: Guppies & Earthworms Friday: peas, grapes and bannana's. saturday-sunday fasting am currently now taking "care" of 4 soon i wont have any of them releasing them all in my uncles 20,000gallon

Wet Whiskers

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2008
Amongst the Catfish & Plecos
Lupin;4349650; said:
Will sticky this.
Thanks Lupin. Also, I was just thinking that maybe we should put the words (Red Tailed Catfish) into the title in parenthesis as many who are new here are not familiar with the acronmys.

GhostShrimpMan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2010
Brownsville, Texas

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Wet Whiskers;4350509; said:
Thanks Lupin. Also, I was just thinking that maybe we should put the words (Red Tailed Catfish) into the title in parenthesis as many who are new here are not familiar with the acronmys.
Done.:)

haywood

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2005
nj
Awesome, glad this could be a sticky. I also am aware they will live longer than 15 years, that's why I put 15+.

MXZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2009
South Africa
I saw a few 3" RTC's at the LFS a few days ago. Damn I was so tempted to get one. They are awesome. But I can't accommodate it unfortunately. Oh well.... maybe one day..

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Experiment397;4349618; said:
i too wish their was a dwarf rtc that had the red tail. i have founda catfish that gets 4 inches max and acts like an rtc and has the body style, but has bumblebee stripes. i want one but dont have the tank for it...yet

Yes, there are loads of fish like the bumblebee and other Pictus that are much smaller and have loads of character...no need for DWARF RTC.

Totally agree with the nature of the thread and everyone that says only buy the fish WHEN you have the big tank.

Land Rover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2010
T1KARMANN;4342532; said:
its a different thing to wanting one and buying one

i want a gigas but I'm not going to buy one

all of this i will get a bigger tank when i need it mmmmm about 70% of big tanks never happen

if you have every intention of getting the big tank GET THE BIG TANK 1st THEN BUY THE LARGE FISH YOU WANT whats the rush its not like they grow slow so the big tank wont be empty for long
Just my words
I really want one, i had 5 together (om 10cm) but the dealer who sold them to me said they get big, but it takes long time... Originally he got them back and they are now in at wery big tank in his showroom. This was 1 year ago (10cm) now they are aprox 150cm+ ...

I love theese redtail, but really.. im only getting one the day that i get Arapiama´s .. which is probberly never going to happen.

Thanks for the read.

gregg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
stickney
i dont think there will eer be a dwarf because you cant even bree them with anything smaller as theyll eat it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store