Flowerhorn pimple on tail?

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
Hey guys i have a flowerhorn and he has a pimple like this. =

BUT ITS MUCH SMALLER LIKE 1/4 OF THAT SIZE.

I read online that its caused by bad water quality but my ammonia is 0 nitrite0 and nitrate 10.

But there is alot of poop tho so should i just use water changes 2 times a week and add salt?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Try 3-4 times a week water change with thorough vacuum. I personally think that fish must be isolated (unless it's the only one there). Your substrate is far too thick. Reduce to an inch to reduce the bad bacteria that might be responsible for that tumor. Dose salt by a teaspoon per gallon and then dab the tail with hydrogen peroxide once only. After that, apply bio-bandage or iodine solution/betadine on it.

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
K but the thing is the pimple is much smaller and my tank has non substrate and the fish isn't mine I just used the pic from some other forum but I'll try ur method

purplecandle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2010
North Carolina
Do you have a pic of your fish? Pimples and tumors and other such "skin" conditions may look similar from picture to picture to you, but they look very different to people who know what they are looking for.

What Lupin said is good advice, for the fish in the picture. Probably good advice for the fish you are talking about, but you can't know without posting a pic of your fish.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Saintsaber

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2010
Flordia
K Sorry I'll post a pic of my fish as soon As possible

joenames

Feeder Fish
Aug 15, 2018
Anyone figure what exactly this bump is? My flowerhorn just got it. Il be doing more water changes but just wana know what I'm dealing with.

jesesq

Feeder Fish
Sep 19, 2020
bumping this one up to see if anyone has any experience. bump looks exactly like the one in the first image.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like lymphocystis. Keep water clean and should eventually go away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store