Best food for asian arowana?

loveplecos

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
singapore
Just got my new highback rtg. currently feeding on market prawns. I'm thinking what will be the best food for my aro if i want its colour to be striking other than market prawns? ADVISE ANYONE? :D

Majinn

Candiru
MFK Member
May 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
food is not the only factor that enhances the color. water para, lighting and it would depend on the gene i guess.. LFS would suggest centipedes.. i wouldnt bet on it 100%.. good luck!

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
High quality food and water are going to produce the best looking and healthiest fish. Lots of water changes and a high quality pellet are the way to go. I would feed New Life Spectrum. I had a silver on it at the shop I was running for only a few weeks and when a guy came in and saw it he paid what we were asking on the spot. When I fed it for him he bought the largest canister of that food we had in stock at the time on the spot as well.

loveplecos

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
singapore
Majinn;5075420; said:
food is not the only factor that enhances the color. water para, lighting and it would depend on the gene i guess.. LFS would suggest centipedes.. i wouldnt bet on it 100%.. good luck!
reptileguy2727;5075425; said:
High quality food and water are going to produce the best looking and healthiest fish. Lots of water changes and a high quality pellet are the way to go. I would feed New Life Spectrum. I had a silver on it at the shop I was running for only a few weeks and when a guy came in and saw it he paid what we were asking on the spot. When I fed it for him he bought the largest canister of that food we had in stock at the time on the spot as well.
what about mealworms or cricket? does this food enhace its colour too? :confused:

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
they do sell new life spectrum at one of my LFS, gonna try that..especially my 12 inch aro get back to his pellet diets

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
my fish just got done with the prawn diets, he is getting back to pellets so its good time to try that new life spectrum..
i never alter his diets, he choose his food and i give what he eats

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store