What kind of parrot fish is this?

swervo513

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2010
Brooklyn Ny
I went to the pet store and picked up a pair of what were described as lutino parrots. However I could not clearly understand or recall what the chinese woman said but it sounded something like that. I googled them and nothing came up. I was wondering if you guys could help me to identify this fish. What is it and what crossbred fish make it look like that? I apologize for the low quality photo.

37129283.jpg

ce5afb12.jpg

034304b1.jpg

swervo513

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2010
Brooklyn Ny
pshtex;5153330; said:
i am pretty sure that is just a flowerhorn x parrot fish. not sure which flowerhorn but thats what it looks like.
Cant be a cross with a flowerhorn because parrots themselves are sterile and can not produce young - from what I know. I am surprised that no one has heard of these guys. I guess they are fairly new to the trade.

k0y0te

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2009
Florida
www.myspace.com
not sure about the mix with fh or a jd but its the males that are not sterile. But there are rare cases that sometimes a male is sterile. I seen several breed of fish crossed with the blood parrot. most of the one i seen is a female blood parrot crosed with somethiing else. Not even sure the one in the pic is a cross breed. lol

fishtankdork

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
pa
swervo513;5153920; said:
Cant be a cross with a flowerhorn because parrots themselves are sterile and can not produce young - from what I know. I am surprised that no one has heard of these guys. I guess they are fairly new to the trade.
parrot fish the hybrid are not sterile. most females are fertile and 99% of males are sterile. i have breed female parrots to flowerhorns before. there is still some fertile males out there also but ive never encountered one. the image you showed, that is how a regular parrot hybrid fish looks in youth before fading. dont be surprised if he starts to turn black soon.

it also could be a killin bp x flowerhorn

swervo513

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 10, 2010
Brooklyn Ny
I think you got it dork. (hehe no offense) That is probably what the chinese lady was trying to say. I searched killin parrot fish and it looked exactly like the older one looked like. Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store