Suitable fish to pair up with arowana

navin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2011
Malaysia
I am planning to get an arowana together with another fish...Which fish would be suitable to pair up with the arowana?

wantokeeptrout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2011
Ontario
Whats your tank setup like, I've seen plenty of ray + aro combos in large, wide, bare tanks. If the bottom is bad for rays then peacocks are often good partners.

yh_loh

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2009
Malaysia
Hi navin,

Which part of malaysia you from? Maybe I could offer you some nice DAT for your Aro? ... hehehehe :)
What size your Aro?

Mr.AzulBass

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2011
Utah
yea i agree peacocks or rays but rays are hard to keep so if you want somethin easy and willing to eat the same food to save costs on food get a pbass that already eats pellets and i have tarpon with my blue aro and they are both toothed tounged fish and look great because they both breathe air and looks cool with the silver sided tarpon with the aro plus tarpon school and get big like the aro and are not at all aggressive. another fish i have in the same tank that has become much more lively once i put my blue aro in the tank are Odeo Pike, hard to find but shark aquarium and aquascape online both have them in stock and they are cheaper than most cool tankmates plus they swim at all levels and will take frozen krill and floating pellets.

those in my mind are some of the coolest fish in the aquarium world and all easily purchasable during this time of year and will live in your tank for a long time. goodluck with the decision and let me know what you decide.

PS> no paco(they have attacked my old silver aro)
and dont get a payara of any kind if (your aro is close to the same size or slightly larger than your payara will try to bite him because they are territorial.

Mr.AzulBass

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2011
Utah
oh wait what type of aro....not a jardini right? cuz those wont work with barely anything not even pbass bcause jardinis are so aggressive. if it is go with but dats or much larger fish that cant fit the aro in their mouth.

Definitely never put a brycon in because my friend woke up with only bones of the aro in the tank and it was an aggressive jardini but nothin compares to the mean brycon lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store