PVC overflow for plants and eels

Kcameron

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Connecticut
Hey all,

I posted about this a little while ago but wasn't very clear with what I needed I guess. I'm looking for ideas from you all that may have large planted tanks or spiny eels with in tank pvc overflows. The caps I had on mine fit pretty snugly but don't really work for what I want. I've tried keeping two large fire eels and every time they find a way under the caps and into the sump. Also, plant matter that gets dislodged by my pump current clogs up the drain covers and then not enough water gets to the pump--making it run a little dry. The covers I have now are bathtub drain covers from home depot. What do you all do to keep your eels in your tank and water in your sump? pics or products would be greatly appreciated...oh and something that keeps the siphon pretty quiet too lol

Thanks.

Kcameron

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Connecticut
Sorry I meant like the PVC dryer vent covers I may use something like that for my tank I am working on

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
ah, I haven't looked into it much. I have two 2" pvc overflows. When I was looking for covers at hardware stores, all I could find was either giant or metal. I'm thinking about just getting some of those little 2" end caps and drilling them, but the amount of water going through needs to be high...that means bigger holes and bigger holes means easier fire eel adventure. I'm wondering if anyone has pvc overflows in a spiny eel tank on here

Kcameron

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Connecticut
ok so I got this thing rigged up as well as a pvc cap with holes drilled in it. This one has the bigger of the holes so I'm only worried about it. Do you think a medium sized (like 10-15") fire eel will be able to fit in it? the holes are about 1/2" long and about 1/4" wide.

IMAG0093.jpgIMAG0094.jpgIMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store