Need opinion about my flowerhorn and ebjd fish tank HELP!!!

18Flowerhorn18

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
porterville,CA
hey guys idk how to post anything idk if this is the right way but i had a question i just ordered 2 ebjd there 1.5 in and a electric blue flowerhorn at 1.5 in and the guy at the pet store that i ordered em from said they would do fine since im putting them in a 125 gallon tank and theres no other fish in there. So will this work out and you think i could add a couple more fish or is full since theyre pretty aggressive? thanks​

bobblehead27

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2010
Tampa Area
well the EBJD are notoriously less aggressive than their counterpart the regular (or wild-type) Jack Dempsey... so you may have trouble there with the flowerhorn beating on them... That is a nice sized tank though so with lots of hiding spots you might be alright. The thing with cichlids is each one will have their own personality, I've had some dempseys that beat the crap outta anything I put into the tank with it, including pirhanna, but I've also had dempsey's that were quite mellow so it all depends on your individual fish, but I'd definitely have a back up 55 (minimum) for the dempseys just in case, cuz I know EBJD are rather expensive...

Loves severums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Michigan
I would say no and that it won't work

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
No such thing as EB fh, probably a thai silk or thai silk mix. EBJDs will be massacred at one point or another.
Dither/target fish could help for a while but not a permanant solution.
Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store