Nandopis haitiensis (my little dream come true)

rostratusgar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2010
Slovakia
Today I brought a rarity in Slovakia - Nandopsis haitiensis. Finally I managed to get it. I hope to survive to adulthood. Currently I have them in a separate tank. Later, when they grow up they brought up to 1350 liter tank. Here is a photo of my juveline. :nilly:

Nandopsis_haitiensis_2.jpg

Nandopsis_haitiensis_3.jpg

Nandopsis_haitiensis_1.jpg

Nandopsis_haitiensis_1.jpg

Nandopsis_haitiensis_2.jpg

Nandopsis_haitiensis_3.jpg

Aquatik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto
Congrats Buddy, I just got some too. I have been trying to get them for a while, search my thread " Black Nasty Tips" there is a lot of good info the boys on here have posted. |Good luck

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Just my 2 cents, I would divide the tank into 4 compartments, one for each fish, even at that small size if you can. They start to intimidate, and try to kill each other at a very young age to become dominant, and the stress can lead to bloat and death.
Keep temps warm, high 80s F.

rostratusgar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2010
Slovakia
I have a temperature in the tank 80-81s F. They are in the same tank. I have 5 pieces. Size 1-1.2 inch.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I would divide that tank up into quarters with mesh of some type to keep them apart.
I tried to grow 12 haitiensus together at first, and all died.
Next I tried 6 older haits together, 5 out of 6 died.
After finally getting a pair, I have also tried raising their spawns together.
The only way they seem to survive is individually, either in separate compartments in the same tank, or in separate tanks until mature.

Above is my pair, it took many trials and 19 deaths to get it.

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
duanes I could look at that picture for days. Great shots.

Aquatik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto
Ya Duanes, I want to buy your pair lol. Just name your price!!! Jk. Your pair are amazing. What seems to be so amazing about the Haitiensis are how they look so appealing and majestic yet are only black and white. They dont need vibrant colors to get your attention. Cant wait for mine to grow, I have took your advice and have them solo in tanks with heat at 83 84 f.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store