my cockatiels have started having eggs

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
They are a mating pair... a few weeks ago they started getting mean towards me and mating constantly. yesterday i checked the nestbox and saw an egg in there! I'm assuming she's going to have more as the day goes by. (I know she laid the egg yesterday, because yesterday morning I checked and there was no egg). Anyways, anything I can do for the expecting parents to make their life easier? As of now, they don't mind me being in their room, as long as I keep out of the nest box and cage. It is slightly chilly in my house (74F) and I was wondering if I should get them a little heater.

Here is the happy couple. oh and my hand

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
congradulations.. i love cockatiels.. keep us updated on the progress.

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
I shall. I hope that I will make the babies nice and tame, same as their parents are. Well I mean when they aren't breeding. the two of them like to sit on my shoulder and pick at hair, and whistle tunes. Oh, they were already a breeding pair beforehand, I just worked with them to make them friendly with me. They've had babies before, this is just the first batch they've had with me.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
I shall. I hope that I will make the babies nice and tame, same as their parents are. Well I mean when they aren't breeding. the two of them like to sit on my shoulder and pick at hair, and whistle tunes. Oh, they were already a breeding pair beforehand, I just worked with them to make them friendly with me. They've had babies before, this is just the first batch they've had with me.
thats great.. good luck with the new babies to be.. i want to hear all about it.....

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
yeah a lil heat will help the situation. But its more important that they not be near any drafts good luck

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
hha yeah after my pair laid eggs the female was never the same. She stayed mean. The male came around though. Good luck

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
wow so cool.. keep them warm and cozy...

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Whats up buddy, when i was a kid my mom had a breedeing pair. The male killed the babies, sad... The second time around she was able to save 1 of 2 (his name lucky) she spent alot of time feeding him with a dropper. He grew up to love her immensly and even would sing his name luck wich i didnt know they could do. Yearsmlater one day my lil sis opended the back door while he was out. He flew outside and my mother was pissed/distraught i could see the tears in her eyes. She told us all to stay inside, we could see him from the window in the backyard tree high up. She went outside and raised her finger into the air called him by name and he flew to her, freakin amazing... He lived happily with us for years

My mom was not exp nor did she have the internet back in the early 90s so im sure you will do great.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store