natural swimming pool

davidbigreelz

Feeder Fish
Jan 22, 2013
Minnesota, America!
Hello everyone I was directed to this cite by several other people I had talked to about a new project. My wife and I live on some land in north central Minnesota. This march we will be breaking ground(hopefully, weather permiting) on our new natural swimming pool. It is sealed concrete construction and will feature a deep swimming area 25'W by 40'L by 10'deep, around the perimeter of the deep area will be a shallow zone 5'W by 30in deep and sloping out of the water. At the end of the swimming area is a "beach area" 30' by 35' by 30in deep. To the right of the deep area is the filtration area, a circle 25' across and 24-30in deep. A 10,000gph pump moves water from the filtration area to a "stream" 5'W by 30in deep, by 15'long. It is roughly 147,000 gallons and is airated in the deep area.

I have talked to the hatcheries guys already and have settled for placing in several golden rainbow trout(not to be mistaken for the endangered golden trout) and maybe some brookies.

My question here is, Does anyone know of any other "cool" species that can survive a Mn winter?

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
AND they are legal, members in the US keep this and I have kept one as well

Good_Times

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
South-Africa
I would def go for mahseer.
Don't know how cold it gets there, but there is a guy on here that has some in a pond and I think he lives in Cal.

Or also maybe some mosquito fish as fodder and also maybe a lone muskee or bowfin.

Oh yeah, and then of course the notorius elopichtys bambusa.

Coltonicus

Feeder Fish
Mar 17, 2017
I would def go for mahseer.
Don't know how cold it gets there, but there is a guy on here that has some in a pond and I think he lives in Cal.

Or also maybe some mosquito fish as fodder and also maybe a lone muskee or bowfin.

Oh yeah, and then of course the notorius elopichtys bambusa.
Koi

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store