Expert i need help please help me to identify this arowana

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Same way Mr Koji i like to have a aggressive fish like previously during in 2008 i had red belly piranha at that time very few had piranha in my state later King kamfa.Now am craze to have arowana.Here in chennai (India) people wont get arowana because of cost example we can get silver aro very easily around US$15 but green,Banjar are around US$75 with out chip and cert.But RTG and HBgold with chip and cert cost around US$260.

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Dear Friends
Past two days am feeding fresh market prawns(without shell).I just cut prawns into pieces and feeding he likes very much but just once a day(morning).Evening he is having dried shrimps.
Now i have a doubt now a days am feeding market prawns,live gold fishes will his aggressiveness will increase?.Because when i touch the tank he comes to bite by shrinking his body and jumping.I could able to see the changes.

Moorthy

evilobster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
California
i'd stay away from live food as it is pretty poor in nutritional value (thats according to one of the stickies on this site) i'd go for starving him again and training to eat the hikari carni sticks, its a more nutritionally balanced meal for the fish. otherwise you'd have to fuss about feeding lots of different things to your fish to ensure that it gets all its nutritional needs. lets see what the other folks here have to say, since asian aros are illegal here in the good ol' usa i've only cared for silvers.

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
i'd stay away from live food as it is pretty poor in nutritional value (thats according to one of the stickies on this site) i'd go for starving him again and training to eat the hikari carni sticks, its a more nutritionally balanced meal for the fish. otherwise you'd have to fuss about feeding lots of different things to your fish to ensure that it gets all its nutritional needs. lets see what the other folks here have to say, since asian aros are illegal here in the good ol' usa i've only cared for silvers.
+1,Go with hikari my friend starved a small gold arowana(little bit smaller than yours) for 8 days to get it to eat hikari so dont worry about it dying if food is not given for a week

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Dear Friends
Update on my aro.Now i could see colour changes in dorsal fin and Anal fin its changing into black here is the pic

DSCF1190.JPG

DSCF1191.JPG

DSCF1198.JPG

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Yaa sure soon i will post the pic.Recently i can see alots of colour changes in my aro.

Moorthy

moorthy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
india(chennai)
Thanks Baji

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store