Rescinded award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I will admit that this isn't something that I had anticipated when I designed the system... the fact that I/we might get something wrong in the nominations process. The information and opinions that have been expressed in this thread are precisely the reason that I wanted this to be an open and transparent system though. I administer this program, but this is YOUR program, MFK Members. We're trying to be as transparent as possible because you all have a say and I don't want it to look like there's favoritism or nepotism in this process. This is exactly why this is in the open forum, we want input from the member base. YOU HAVE A VOICE.

That being said, since two Members have been concerned enough about this to actually post, I am very concerned that there are likely many more who feel the same way buy haven't posted.

Members, Staff: if this award should be rescinded based on the solid grounds as written by snakeguy101 and Lep, state your peace here. If enough people feel that the award isn't justly earned by [RESCINDED], I will remove it. The arguments seem justified.

[RESCINDED], this isn't an intentional dig at you. I still have respect for you. However, in the rules of this program it specifically states that if someone feels that a person doesn't deserve an award, they are liable to say as much. And they have. As such, I am forced to place the legitimacy of the award under review.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Prior this nomination I had already noted that the only way to access the full content of his informational posts is to go outside of this site. I have no idea if that is relevant to mfk's Awards, but it'd seem more appropriate if full content was also located here.
Those articles are the entirety his contributions here, nothing in terms of assistance to members. That might be completely irrelevant, as not everyone is able to interact on forums.

Aside from that, in terms of transparency regarding members' input about nominations, it feels like a real drag to say anything negative! :-[

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Prior this nomination I had already noted that the only way to access the full content of his informational posts is to go outside of this site. I have no idea if that is relevant to mfk's Awards, but it'd seem more appropriate if full content was also located here.
Those articles are the entirety his contributions here, nothing in terms of assistance to members. That might be completely irrelevant, as not everyone is able to interact on forums.

Aside from that, in terms of transparency regarding members' input about nominations, it feels like a real drag to say anything negative! :-[
No, Granny. You're entirely right in voicing your opinion if you don't agree. That's how this is intended to work. I thought that he deserved it, which is why I nominated him, but I'm just one person in a group of over 102,000. My opinion shouldn't have that much strength, which is part of the reason that I choose to abstain from voting as well. This is also why I've started leaving nominations up for the entire month, to give people a chance to voice their opinions. This program functions as a Republic, like the USA. Mod votes actually count toward giving awards, but Member votes and opinions have an incredibly powerful influence on a Mod's vote. [EDIT- Every three member votes now count as a moderator vote toward the issuance of awards] That is the intention of the transparency. Had snakeguy101 and Lep said their piece beforehand, things would likely have played out very differently.

and, posting *here* has no self-edit feature, so whatever ya do, dont be a jerk. there's no 3 minute chance to go back.
LOL.
Sage words of wisdom, as always. :)

Opinions and reason for the opinions are welcome, so long as nothing is a personal attack on a member.
Yes sir!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I'm not sure if it's exactly that I don't agree, but do think the issue of having to read all articles OFF this site warrants some thought.
It occurred to me that his reasons for linking elsewhere might have something to do with copyright issues. However, I believe as long as credits are included, any copyrights remain solid.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
I don't really think it's in the spirit of community to post a couple sentences and then refer people to an outside link for the rest of the story. And that Zoo-Med article really seemed like a sponsored post to advertise the brand. A commercial endeavor.

I don't feel strongly about the award either way though. He does seem to have some knowledge to contribute, but I guess it depends on the specific guidelines of the award.

I half expected his thank you post in this thread to be a couple words, then a link to a blog post for the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store