Award program guide + FAQ

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
This post is a guide of how to nominate someone for an award. It's fairly easy. The long and short of it is that you have to start a thread.

Step 1- Decide who you wish to nominate for an award.

Step 2- CLICK HERE to review the award categories. Make sure to read the requirements and pick the award best suited for the member in question. The requirements are highlighted in yellow to be easier to find. Don't automatically go for the Gold! Gold awards are reserved for VERY special occasions and are only awarded when supported by very strong evidence.

Step 3- Start a thread (CLICK HERE TO DO SO) for your nomination.

Step 4- Fill in the title. It should read like so: NOMINATION: [member name], [award name], ([award level]). This would appear like so: NOMINATION: Chicxulub, Distinguished Contributor (Silver). You can copy and paste the titles included here and change them to suit your needs.

Step 5- Fill in the body of your message like you would with any other post. You don't really need to do anything, but the more effort you put into your post, the better the chance of your nominee being awarded their award.

Step 6- You will ideally have at least one link to something to prove that the member who has been nominated deserves the award. The higher the award, the stronger the supporting evidence for it must be. A gold award with no evidence will almost certainly not be supported.

Step 7- Post your thread!

It's really that easy. I am more than happy to help any member who needs it, just ask!

For examples of successfully issued awards, review the Award Archive. (CLICK HERE FOR THE ARCHIVE)

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Each new post in the Award Section should be specifically nominating a member for ONE award. When you post, please use the correct title format:

Nomination: Member Name, Name of award (Color of award)

For example:

Nomination: Chicxulub, Commendation Medal (Silver)

This is to help the administration of the awards process go more smoothly. Each award level has different requirements for the staff to vote on and if we can see what level the award is, it makes life much easier. Also, once the award is issued, the thread where it was discussed is used as the 'issue reason'. As such, it is important that the content of the thread is relevant to the award in the title.

The requirements are as follows-

Gold- Three Moderator endorsements (yes votes), one of which must be a Global Mod.

Silver- Two Moderator endorsements, one of which must be a Global Mod.

Bronze- One Moderator endorsement.

Three yes votes from members qualify as a moderator endorsement.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Now that the initial flood of back-issued awards has gone through, the award voting will take place at the end of each month. Nominations may well sit as nominations for days or weeks with little to no staff attention. Don't let that be a discouragement from nominating or voicing your support for a nominee! Since the hectic initiation of this program has slowed down, award nominations will probably be fewer and further between. By having consolidated voting at the end of the month, we in the staff will be able to get a more comprehensive view of what's gone on in the past month nomination wise. This worked well at the end of August when we were able to push through several new awards in a couple days.

Please keep nominating each other! :D

Particularly for breeder awards. I've been able to find contributors that I think deserve an award and people who have successfully made big tanks, but I'm not overly familiar with breeding or with people who are involved with it so I have trouble searching out people to nominate. Help me out! There are a lot of members here who have done cool stuff who deserved to be recognized! It only takes a few minutes to start a thread with a link to proof that they deserve the award. :)

Thanks for putting up with this program as we've worked out the kinks!

Rob

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Also members, use this time to weigh in on the threads with your thoughts on the nominations. If you feel that a member doesn't deserve an award that he or she has been nominated for, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY SO. If a member posts a legitimate reason why the nominee doesn't deserve an award, it will most certainly be taken into consideration.

This is YOUR program, MFK. You have a voice and have a right to have it heard!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
"Why did I get a Private Message saying I was issued an award that I already have?"

At times, when you're issued a new award, the new award will mess up the display order of your awards. They will be displayed Gold > Silver > Bronze. If you've gotten a PM like this, this is why.

Reactions: sgkill13

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Where exactly are these awards displayed? Since everything moved to the new format I don't see anyone's awards?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I'm not sure if the new site can display them or not. I don't think its been fully ironed out yet.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Ok, I thought that maybe it was just me. So is that what the trophy points are all about, the total of awards that one has?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Ok, I thought that maybe it was just me. So is that what the trophy points are all about, the total of awards that one has?
Honestly, I don't how any of that stuff is supposed to work or what it's for. If you get a good answer we'll both know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store